Friday, September 22, 2017

18 Weeks With Baby Number 3

Currently 19 Weeks, 6 Days 


This Week:

Made it to 18 weeks! Very relieved! 

Baby This Week: 


Baby is the size of a sling shot (?) according to my app. I feel like baby has really gotten stronger because movements have been very intense. 

Maternity Clothes:


Since I am pregnant around the same time as I was before with Sam, I am not finding it that hard to find something to wear. The hotter weather this week does make it more difficult though. I bought myself 3 new maternity pieces. 1 new pair of Skinny jeans that I LOVE! They were what I would call expensive but I go to them EVERY time I get dressed in something besides work clothes! I love them and consider the cost worth it. I also got a blouse that I am wearing in the above picture for 70% off and I've also got a cardigan that I plan on wearing post baby as well! 

Stretch Marks/Weight: 

At my last appointment at 17 weeks and some days, I was up 4 pounds then 2 weeks ago!! WOAH! I guess the Shawville Fair food got the best of me. Woops. 

Movement:


So much movement! Love that feeling. I am excited for when Sam (Ryan too! ha ha) can feel it from the outside! 

Food Aversions/Cravings:


French fries, meats...the usual. Because of it being Fall, I am cravings apple and pumpkin flavored things! 



A homemade "Fall" coffee at the office this week really hit the spot! 

Symptoms:


The headaches have subsided this week. Thankfully! The belly I feel is very pronounced now. Umm...the backed up thing that goes with pregnancy, not so fun! And I've been getting lots of heartburn this week. 

What I Miss:


Not a lot I miss actually! 

Labor Signs/Health Update:


Well I had an interesting week in the health department. At 18 weeks and 5 days, I woke up to INTENSE back and chest pain. I had experienced this about 2 weeks prior but thought it was just back spasms. Well it was back and I could hardly handle the pain. I was laying on cold floor, trying yoga poses, having sweats and chills and feeling sick! I called the nurse hotline and she told me to call an ambulance. I said no but we did head to the General right away. At first with the chest pains they were going to hook me up an EKG but after some pain meds, blood work and ultrasound, it turns out I have Gallstones and a lot of them. He referred me to a surgeon but he said they may not operate until after the baby comes. If/when another attack comes, I am to take pain meds to try and manage. I am trying to monitor my diet to hopefully keep attacks at bay. 

Gender:


Still team green! I think so far the vote for boy versus girl is taking the lead! 

Wedding Rings/Belly Button


No changes! 

What I'm Looking Forward To/Best Moment:


Well at over 18 weeks we got our ultrasound and baby was really putting on a show and again during the ultrasound for gallstones, the tech took a peak. 

Daddy This Week:


Poor Ryan had a rough week with my gallstone attack. He had to try and help me during the pain, and then drive me at 3 AM to the hospital during the attack. It must be so stressful for him to go through that. He proceeded to sit at the hospital in an uncomfortable chair for almost 12 hours waiting on the results. I sometimes complain about him, but truthfully he is such a strong man and great partner. Through this pregnancy he has really stepped up in helping around the house, with Sam and just being there for me. I asked him one night if he still would have married me if he knew what kind of trouble I would have with giving him children. Without hesitation he said that he would do everything exactly the same.

Big Brother Sam:


I was a little worried about my early morning/all day doctor visit and it worrying Sam. He is a sensitive and receptive little dude. As soon as I saw him, he asked where I was and I just told him, "Momma has rocks in her belly and doctor is going to make it better". Then proceeded with normal routine including the next morning. 

Wisdom:

When learning what my new diet would entail, I was at first a little depressed about all the food I would be missing. But after a little time on Pinterest, I found some new recipes and food ideas to make myself excited. I am trying to keep it positive and find food I will truly enjoy! 


xo 

2 comments:

  1. Gallstones are no picnic! Hope the hew eating plan helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't for one second put the pressure of the "trouble of having children" on yourself. I know it is SO easy to take blame for it because it's our bodies, but it's just LIFE. Out of our control. Our bodies do the best they can. I know that isn't the point of this post, but it stuck out to me. It isn't you. And Ryan is lucky to have you too!

    ReplyDelete