Happy Friday everyone! I hope that everyone’s week went by quicker then mine, boo! I can’t lie, I am SO glad that this week is over! Take the normal intensity of “busy” for this time of year and give it steroids…That’s what it’s been like! A big and short tempered week. One bad move and you might get squished! It’s amazing none of us have killed each other…yet.
Ryan and I have a busy weekend ahead of us. One of the activities is a wedding reception. It’s getting warmer around these parts and summer is pretty well in full swing. With summer comes a lot of fun events like weddings!
It was a little over a year ago that Ryan and I said “I Do” which doesn’t make me an expert but certainly makes me think of some advice that I’d like to pass along to others who are getting married soon.
1. Don’t listen to anyone who tells you to “don’t sweat the small stuff”. Don’t waste you’re time listening because you are still going to worry. It is in a brides nature. You will learn for yourself how silly it was to worry for nothing. Because in the grand scheme of things, it really won’t matter. You’ll see.
2. Try to look natural. Your future husband fell in love with how you look now! Don’t go spray painting your face to look like something entirely different. Trust me, your groom wants to recognize the woman who is walking down the aisle towards him.
3. Focus on your husband. It is so easy to get caught up in trying to please everyone and see everyone on the day of. People don’t care if you have a long visit with them that day. And if they do, they aren’t there for the right reason. Being able to be with your husband and remember some special moments together is so important.
4. Eat! Don’t forget to eat and drink (something besides alcohol). It’s a long day and you can’t forget to take care of yourself. You don’t want to feel sick or hungry! You just want to feel the emotions of the day and not deal with something stupid like dehydration!
5. Have fun! Dance the night away! Get a little buzz on and enjoy your day with your new husband, your family and friends. It’s your (and your husbands) day and no body can make you enjoy it more then if you tell yourself to! It’s all about making the best of any situation because trust me, not everything will be perfect. But, those things that aren’t perfect will be the things that you will laugh about when you tell stories about your day. It’s all about your attitude and deciding how much fun YOU want to have.