Happy Wednesday everyone! It's the EVE of Christmas Eve and my last day of work before SANTA comes! I can't lie, I woke up with a little bit of a spring in my step! As I got ready for the day I was filled with cheer as I did a couple last minute touches on daycare Christmas gifts, party food for today at the office and PJS set out for Sam to wear today!
As I woke Sam up and got him dressed we sang "Jingle Bells", his favorite part is the "HEY"! It make me so excited at the idea of the next few days with him enjoying the Christmas season.
Here are a few things I am loving today!
1. I mentioned before that I am READY for Christmas. Baking, done! Shopping, done! Decorations, done and wrapping, DONE! This was a bit of a task considering this year we had quite a few homemade Christmas projects that I will share with you another day! These projects began in September and have been on going until yesterday! But we are DONE! It is a huge relief!
2. I was super worried about Sam's gift opening abilities because on Saturday when we had my family Christmas, Sam had NO interest in gifts and opening. I chalked it up to he just doesn't understand right now and hopefully by next year it will be different. My vision of Christmas morning completely changed. Of course I knew that he wouldn't get what all the excitement was about but I had hope that he'd be into ripping paper.
Thankfully, the next day we had friends over for supper and he was MUCH more into opening his presents! Ripping the paper to see what is inside! Now I do have my vision back of paper flying everywhere!
3. Recently, Sam has started to cut out his morning nap. At first this was very sporadic but now it's almost everyday. The adjustment was hard at first and he would have a hard time being happy until lunch time. Now, I love it! In the afternoons after we get home, he is a MUCH happier boy! It's as if the afternoon nap is much more quality!
4. This is going to be a touchy subject for some (*Jill*) but I am LOVING that it is green and it is going to stay this way through till Christmas. I think snow is pretty but in reality my husband has been getting normal amounts of sleep, hasn't been sick (from lack of sleep, food and etc) and has been around more because the weather has been so nice! Usually this time of year we have to juggle his snow hours with our life and have to cancel attendance. This year there has been NO issues!
This Christmas I know I am going to have Ryan and my dad around, guaranteed! They are going to be well rested instead of trying to get through Christmas morning between shifts.
Also, we are still selling sod! We just sold some sod yesterday to a client and while it wasn't much, the fact that this seasonal business is still able to produce a product at the end of December is remarkable! In fact, just because we can, we are going to cut sod on Christmas day! Just one roll to mark down as the latest into the season we have ever cut!
We are ready for when the inevitable does happen and we get a dumping of snow. No panic trying to get the roads in safe conditions for commuters.
Bring on the GREEN Christmas! WOO HOO!
5. This is my last day of work before Christmas and I just wanted to take the chance to wish you and yours a VERY Merry Christmas from this little ol' blog! Thanks for reading along! :)