Happy Friday everyone! And happy belated Thanksgiving to all of my friends south of the border! Thinking about this holiday (again) made me think of some things I am very thankful for!
- Today I’m thankful for amazing friends and family! This is kind of obvious but I know how lucky I am. Yesterday I enjoyed a delicious homemade lunch with a fellow Mommy friend! Talk about a great way to spend a Thursday. She even had a plate and seat for Sam! Also, the family in Sam’s life. I wasn’t lucky enough to have a super close relationship with my grandparents but I know he will. They are always more then willing to help Ryan and I out by watching him for us. Never any hesitation.
- I’m SUPER thankful for the Black Friday sale items I scored yesterday and today! Winter coats for the whole family and Christmas gifts crossed off the list at a fraction of the price! I talked earlier about my 10 year old jackets not being able to function for me anymore and the fact that I could replace those for a fraction of the price is even better!
One of my new jackets!
- I’m thankful for Christmas parties! It’s going to be an exciting month and it starts today with the company Christmas party! Even though I am on Mat. leave, I still had a hand in helping to organize and participate! We are changing it up this year and hosting it ourselves! I am excited for the change and I hope it goes over well! Planning the door prize game yesterday made me excited for all the shenanigans!
- I’m thankful, oddly enough, for Ryan’s winter hours. It was a big adjustment to move from day to night shift but now that we kind of have a schedule, it makes life a little more predictable. Once Ryan sleeps in the morning he gets to spend the afternoons with Sam and I!
- I am thankful for Christmas decorations that make the house feels cozy and festive!
- I am thankful for our latest book club book, The Rosie Project. For a long time I haven’t felt like reading because it was a long time since a book captured me. This book, I haven’t been able to put down! It feels great to have book that you are willing to stay up to read “just one more chapter”.
- I am thankful for my new socks. Usually, I am a hater of socks. I avoid wearing them at all costs. On a whim, to wear with a specific pair of boots, I picked up some wool work socks and I feel in love. They are warm, don’t slide down and so comfy! It almost feels like I am not wearing socks at all!
What are you thankful for today? Did you indulge in any Black Friday deals?