Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dare #6 Complete!


I think one of my most favorite things is festivities and holidays! I love preparing for them, whether it be gifts, decorations or food, I can't wait to organize it! Halloween especially is a great event in my books which made last weeks dare very simple for me! :-)

Here is mine and Ryan's big pumpkin after we gutted it and started to carve out the face. We couldn't wait to see what it looked like lit up!!



Here is the "scary" snake face that we carved! Ryan is so meticulous and the end result of the carving has to be perfect. I like to rush through it where he enjoys perfecting it.


The pumpkin carvers with their masterpiece! We were pretty proud! :-)

Being that I live in the middle of no where we don't usually get alot of trick-or-treaters. So to make up for the few that do venture out to the boonies we make sure that we REALLY make it worth their while! This year I made up 18 candy bags. I book brown paper lunch bags and filled them with candy, chips, drinks, stickers, pencils and toys! Ya we go a little over board but I just get so excited and I remember which houses had the best candy when I was growing up. I hope that one day a kid will look back on their Halloween experiences and think of my house as "the place to go for good loot".

Can't wait till next year!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment