Happy Wednesday everyone! We are having a great week so far here! Filled with getting things done but still having time to have fun! With the change of seasons fast approaching, my mind has been wandering to the things that I am particularly loving right now .
- I am loving that Fall is right around the corner. I have said it before and I’ll say it again, I LOVE FALL! Particularly, I love Fall fashion! I am always cold and needing to bundle up. Fall allows me to look less silly in my layers being it’s acceptable that time of year! I love scarves, boots, jeans, sweaters and jackets! I was newly pregnant last Fall but in the awkward stage where some stuff didn’t fit my tiny bump. I am happy to wear those items this year!
- I am loving naps. I don’t know what is happening with my kid but he is up all the time now at night! Last night there was a slight improvement but he was still up twice. It’s sad that twice is an improvement…
I’m not sure if it’s from teething, new motor skills or he is on a sleep strike….either way, this Momma is tired!
I take the night shift and let Ryan sleep since he has to drive heavy equipment for his job. I am so thankful for Canada and the year of Maternity leave they give people! I don’t know how I could be expected to function at work right now and crunch important numbers. I can’t keep my eyes focused enough to put one foot in front of the other. Maternity leave allows me to be at home with my baby for now and have a nap when baby is napping!
- I am loving the Sears Wishbook Catalogue. It may make me sound like a kid, but I still get giddy and excited about the Wishbook Catalogue. Every year when it arrives, I sit down and go through it page but page. Not one page is missed! Men’s underwear? Curtains? You bet I saw that page! I do my initial markings with ideas of what to get people for Christmas. Oddly enough, it gets me excited not only for Christmas but for Fall too! I love all the holidays that are at the tail end of the year…Thanksgiving, Halloween and Christmas!
- It may be a given, but I love my son. I could go on and on about the things that I love about him but here are a couple of specifics:
I love his wild hair! Since his hair started growing it has grown into a nice spiky yet soft Mohawk.
I love his excited squeal. When Sam is playing or is extra excited about something, he lets out a high pitched squeal. You know he is super happy when that squeal is let out!
I love that he is fairly independent at playing. When on the floor or in his excersaucer, he is very focused on the task at hand and playing with what is in front of him. I could go about what I need to do and he is entertained for quite sometime! This allows me to do some small tasks like do my makeup, finish up supper or fold a load of laundry.
- I am loving that tonight I start piano lessons. I come from a very musical family. For years I took music lessons in different forms. I can read music but I have a hard time applying it to a keyboard. For a long time I had wanted to take piano lessons but I didn’t know anywhere that would offer non-theory lessons to adults. A music place has recently opened up in the next down that offers private adult lessons. I went and checked it out and decided to give it a try! It’s every Wednesday from 5:30-6 PM which allows me to be home in time to feed and put Sam to bed and have Ryan home from work to stay with Sam while I go. I’m excited to dust off my keyboard and get playing again. My ultimate goal is to be able to sit down and play the piano (and hopefully own a piano one day!) with more ease.
What are you loving this week?