Friday, September 4, 2009

Entry #1....Just the beginning

Ryan and I on our way to the fair!

I'm very new to the whole blogging world and I'm not to sure how this is going to go but I'm looking forward to sharing my thoughts and typing them all out even if it is for my benefit only.


Last night was the first night of the local fair. I have been counting down the hours until it arrived and I was not disappointed when I got there. I always love stepping back and paying attentions to the sounds and the smells that surround me. Screaming kids on rides, grease for the beaver tails and the damp coolness of fall.


My boyfriend, Ryan, and I were walking around the grounds and were stopped every 10 steps or so with friendly hello's of old and new friends. Ever year it makes me feel so warm to get greeted by so many people. Its a safe, comforting feeling being around people you know and trust. In the back of my paranoid head I know that if something bad was to happen to me that I have so many people to go to for help.

There are two things that I love most of all about the fair;

1. The food
2. Planning on what I'm going to wear

So I may be able to go makeup less and where work boots all day on the farm but when I get a chance to go out I love to "gussy" myself up a bit. It's hard to dress for the fair! It is so hot during the day and than so cold at night so layers are a must.


Last night I wore:
Dark jeans
White T-shirt with brown lace tank underneath
and my new yellow old navy sweater


If I was to say I didn't know what I was wearing the rest of the weekend I would be lying. :-)

The food.....oh the food......Along with planning my outfits I also plan what I'm going to eat. Last night I indulged in a DELICIOUS beaver tail and a slice of pizza. Then Ryan surprised me with fresh squeezed lemonade! Boy, was it good. I know exactly what I'm going to eat tonight......


I can't wait to go back to the fair grounds tonight and see even more people that I have lost touch with over the years, even if it only for one hug. Many of these people I won't see again until we see that big white tent going up again next fall.

xo







No comments:

Post a Comment