Wednesday, December 6, 2017

29 Weeks with Baby Number 3

Currently 30 weeks and 4 days pregnant 

I completely forgot to take a picture this week! Woops! So here is a random selfie from one of our company Christmas parties! 


This Week:

This has been a wonderful pregnancy week! I've just felt so GOOD! 

Baby This Week: 


The size of a Barbie convertible.






Maternity Clothes:

A nicer week again! I am very much sporting all things maternity now! Although at the end of week 29, I did put on a red non-maternity dress that was empire waist that I wore to a Christmas party!  

Stretch Marks/Weight: 

Another big break which also means apparently I can't weigh myself at home! ha ha! It's so different this time really not caring at all like I did with Sam. 

Only a couple small "teeth" marks on my lower belly. Not actual lines. 

Movement:


Baby is busy and now because of the size, sometimes movements can be painful. I think baby is floating upwards a little too this week because I've hardly had any hip pain. 

Food Aversions/Cravings:

Still into the blueberry things! Blueberry muffins, pancakes, YOGURT...YUM! And I had a big need a for kit kat this week. 

Not really loving pork things or most meat in general I keep to a minimum. 

Symptoms:

It has been such a great week. Not a lot of hip pain, hardly any heartburn and just a little boost of energy as well. I know this is just the calm before the storm but I am really enjoying it while it's here! 

I think the biggest shift with the extra week into the third trimester is my mental state. I am no longer living with so much anxiety and fear. I know that if I deliver this baby early, it will be O.K. We are at a point in the pregnancy that a baby outside of the womb will be fine in the long run. That realization this week has helped me to be so stress free and I can feel  the results of that shift in attitude. I'm sleeping better and just more focused on other things rather then fear. 

What I Miss:

Not a lot this week actually! 

Labor Signs/Health Update:


Still getting the occasion painful contraction but non-painful ones are more the norm! They don't scare me as much after hearing how normal it is. I guess it's mostly smooth sailing until the next appointment! 


Gender:

Keeping it neutral! It's funny to hear the different generations on their take of us not finding out the sex. For the most part the older generation loves that we are going to be surprised where as the younger ones think we are nuts! ha ha! 

I'm getting told I am carrying high which I actually don't agree with. I think this belly feels lower then with Sam. But apparently it looks really high. So lower belly (which I think it is), indicates Boy. 

Wedding Rings/Belly Button


My belly button is almost non-existent. My wedding ring is loose some days but tighter on others. 

What I'm Looking Forward To/Best Moment:


Finishing up the last of the company Christmas party organizing. I always said I just wanted to stay pregnant until they were over! They both went off without any issues and were lots of fun! Great way to end a season! 



While it turned into a sad moment we put up our memory tree in the basement. Not realizing the trigger it would send both Ryan and I. I guess it reminded us very much of our baby girl and all that we had faced this year that we didn't make it through decorating it all. We were both trying so hard to hold back to make it special for Sam but we just ended up embracing and the flood gates opened on both of us. 



Daddy This Week:

Daddy got his butt in gear and got some Christmas lights put up when his back was feeling better. The excitement in Sam was priceless. Daddy is hovering the line between day and night shift so it has been hard to get our lives straight to actually sit down for some conversation. Here's hoping for a more concrete schedule soon that will be easier to follow. 

Big Brother Sam:


Has made me realize how big he has gotten. He is so independent and loves to help. He will set the table before supper, pick up his toys and is getting really good at communicating his wants and needs. I look at him in amazement at what a good little guy he is growing up to be. 





Wisdom:

Excuse the language but I have been joking that through this pregnancy my attitude is "f*ck it". I don't mean it to be rude but I am not letting things bother me so much this time of year. I am not stressing about every little Christmas detail, the obligations or even trying to please everyone. I am just keeping my life stress free as much as possible. 


xo 

3 comments:

  1. Everything you've said about your pregnancy reminds me of mine...I'm team baby girl, for sure!! Glad you're feeling less panicked and more excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to know when things are going to "hit". I'm so glad that you and Ryan let yourselves feel it though. It helps so much to go through all of the emotions, even though it feels so much harder. Sending love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the same about meat when I walk pregnant for Keira. I was off of it almost completely by the end. Everything either had a gross texture, or tasted raw (especially all poultry). Yuck!! Not much longer !!! F*ck it is a good attitude to have ! Much healthier for you and the baby :)

    ReplyDelete