Instead of buying prepackaged cakes for Ryan's lunches I have been making treats to save money. I usually have the ingredients on hand. I always double my recipes and put half in the freezer for future use. One of Ryan's favorite treats is Banana Chip bread. He always requests it now. When we first started dating he would never eat it because he said "don't like banana's". One day I won a bet and he had to try some homemade banana bread and he has been hooked since!
Now, Ryan gets a banana on his lunch everyday but at the end of the week sometimes I have a very riped banana left. Being that I HATE wasting food I collect these bananas, and freeze them until I have enough to make a go of Banana Chip Bread.
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup of Miracle Whip (I know, weird but makes it so moist!)
- 3 to 4 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat egg, miracle whip, banana's and vanilla in a large bowl.
3. Mix remaining ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just moist.
5. Pour into 9 x 5 greases bread pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Enjoy! :-)