Happy Monday everyone! I’m feeling a bit under the weather this morning so this recap is going to be in point form! It’s been a long time since Ryan and I had a weekend to ourselves. It was so nice to have no concrete plans!
- Friday night we worked into the night to lay sod (a new lawn) in Norway Bay. It was pouring rain and we were soaking wet. Maybe that’s why I got sick? Geesh!
- Once we got home, warmed up and eating a late supper, we decided to rent this movie;
It was pretty good. Full of action so it was right up Ryan’s alley.
- Saturday morning we woke up and it was very quiet. We soon realized we had no power! So, we loaded up the car and headed to the next town for breakfast and errands. We enjoyed a great breakfast with and a visit from one of the guys from the farm.
- Saturday night after supper, we headed across the ferry to Arnprior for a movie! We saw What To Expect When You’re Expecting. Super cute movie!
- As we passed Galetta on our way back to the ferry we stopped to see if friends Josh and Rebekka. We had a couple of drinks and visited for a bit before heading home!
- Sunday morning Ryan and I headed to church! It was exciting to go to our first church service back since we got married! It was nice having my husband sitting beside me.
- After church we grabbed a quick breakfast with my Mom who was a bachelorette this weekend while my Dad went fishing!
- Sunday afternoon I puttered away while Ryan slept. While puttering I caught most of the movie, License To Wed. So cute! And they had gospel singers singing “Oh, Happy Day” at the end of their wedding like Ryan and I did! Made me smile super big watching it!
- My Dad is always dropping off little treats to our house. Occasionally, he sees something we might like at the grocery store that he knows we wouldn’t buy ourselves! For Ryan it was chocolate milk and for me, corn on the cob, which we enjoyed with supper last night.
- We also had a couple of yummy Caesars!
- Ryan is FINALLY completely moved out of his old house and moved into mine (now ours)! It’s still weird that I don’t have to say good bye to him every night but nice too. We have put all his “boy junk” away and he even has his own space in “our” closet. I’d say it’s a 80:20 closet ratio, in my favor! :-)
All in all, it was a very relaxing weekend. It’s been the first “normal” life weekend since being back from our honeymoon. I feel like we are back into a routine and starting to figure out living together.
How was your weekend?