Friday, May 3, 2013

A Year Of Dates – April

 

Happy Friday everyone! This has been one whirlwind of a week! I can’t complain about the weather though, it is so beautiful! Spring has to be one of my favorite times of the year. Not too hot, not too cold…just right! It’s even beautiful at night..especially at 2 AM…Trust me, my internal clock has been getting me up at this time…GRR!

Ryan and I were very ready to have another date! We have gotten to the point that we SO look forward to the first day of the month so that we can open our date envelope. It’s even a surprise to the one that planned it because we keep forgetting what activity is for what month!

For the month of April, it was Ryan’s date to plan. I wasn’t sure how a date would work. April weekends were SO full of activities already. But like before, we were going to make it work.

The April envelope and yes, I did the art work! :) ha ha!

IMG_2815

This Month’s date sheet says, “A romantic home supper. Movie on netflix or the T.V. To top it all off with a body massage. From your husband”

IMG_2816

I loved this date! A whole date at home! Right now as newlyweds, going out on dates works great! But, one day (A LONG WAY AWAY!) we do plan on having a family and going out for dates every month may not be possible! So, this is great practice for the future. Making time for a date, even at home. The other bonus? With the big pool renovation around the corner we are trying to watch our pennies. This date is practically free!

We started the date off with a movie of MY choice. One of the things that we can never agree on is T.V shows or movies. If it was a date, I wanted something at least somewhat romantic! No gore! So, I decided on Crazy, Stupid, Love.

April date 3

That night Ryan planned (and had shopped for) our meal. I got to sit back and relax while my man put on an apron and made us a gourmet feast! We had steak (that marinated for 2 days), baked potato and corn on the cob! He even lit candles and poured some wine!

april date 2

The handsome cook!

April date 1

After cooking us an amazing meal Ryan did hold up the other end of the date and I got a long massage! I was very pampered! Movie of my choice, supper, and massage! There was no complaints from me about this date!

Typically, in our relationship, I am the planner. So, anything that we do there is some portion that is organized from me.

For our April date? I didn’t have to do anything. I didn’t even have to think. I basically just say back and got spoilt! It was a nice treat!

It also goes to show that a nice date doesn’t have to cost a lot of money or require you to be away from the home. It can simply mean just being together and making one another feel very loved.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

xo

1 comment:

  1. When my grand babies come along you can still have your date each month . I will gladly watch my grand babies for you's.

    ReplyDelete