Monday, May 14, 2012

Guest Post – Life’s A Beach

 

Happy Monday everyone! Wow! It’s Monday. Which means I am officially a married woman right now! I am now a Mrs.! I am currently honeymooning! Love!

I want to introduce you all to Nicole from Life’s A Beach! A blogger that I found a couple of years ago and we quickly became friends! I knew when I wanted to set up some lovely posts for you all to read the week I was gone that Nicole would be on that list! I am so thankful that she said yes!

Everyone please give Nicole a warm welcome! Thank you Nicole for guest posting! xo

__________________________________________

The Ride Of Your Life

Hi friends of Lindsay!  Hope all is well with you!  I'm Nicole

clip_image001

and I blog over at Life's a Beach, because seriously don't we all kind of secretly wish we were on one?  No, just me?  Ok :).  I was thrilled when Lindsay asked if I'd do a guest post while she was on her honeymoon which I know she's having a blast on!  So when she asked, I said yes, but asked if there was anything particular she'd like me to blog about.  She suggested Marriage advice.

Hmm... Marriage advice.  I've only been married for about a year and a half, so I may not be the BEST advice giver, but I'll share what I've learned so far.

Someone told me just before I got married that the way you react through wedding planning and especially on your wedding day will set the mood for your marriage.  That right there is a real thinker!

  • Planning of the wedding: I was calm, cool, and relaxed {not really how I pictured myself being} and pretty much had everything done fast so the process leading up to wedding day was relaxed.
  • Rehearsal/dinner: Other than a bit nervous, I giggled and laughed, and even through my mother in law to be a surprise birthday cake surprise.
  • Wedding day: I giggled.  I giggled from the minute I woke up that morning through getting my hair done to the actual ceremony itself.  I giggled all day long.

clip_image002

But don't be fooled... I'm not going to lead you to believe marriage is all butterflies and rainbows and roses.  I think marriage is fabulous, but we have our share of bumps in the road.

Now you may think I'm crazy in saying this, but the bumps in the road actually are a good thing.  They build character.  They help you find your groove.  They help you build a strong foundation.  They teach you to rely on each other when you might not have in the beginning.

clip_image003

A lot of emphasis is placed on the wedding and making sure everything is perfect, but truthfully, place more emphasis on the marriage, because the only person who will know the details of the wedding weren't perfect is you.

And your first year of marriage can go one of 2 ways...

  • You can be in the honeymoon phase so it'll be all butterflies, roses & rainbows - and then reality hits like a freight train.......
  • Reality of living with someone will hit like a freight train, you'll get over that period and move on to the fun part.

Either way... Marriage is a blast, so just hold on and take every day as a team and run full force at it. Take the good with the bad with the pretty with the ugly, because that's what makes a very well rounded marriage.

So that's my advice.  Life is like a rollercoaster, ups, downs and all arounds, marriage is no different!  Hang on, have fun, and enjoy the ride!

clip_image004

Have a blast on your honeymoon Lindsay!  We want pictures!  And please stop by and say hi to me :)  Thank you Lindsay for having me!

2 comments:

  1. Yep- there is definitely that honeymoon phase but if you work and care and remember that you are a team who wants the same thing than it can be wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for blogging for Lindsay, always fun to read someone else's perspective. I don't really have any marriage advise, but have been married for 32 years and am still in love with my sweetie.

    ReplyDelete