Monday, June 3, 2013

Summer Fun! Baseball, Hot Dogs, Weddings and Movie Dates!

 

Happy Monday everyone! You know you had a great weekend when you need another day in order to recover! Ryan and I settled down for bed last night and just talked about how great of a weekend it was! Let me recap!

Friday night Ryan and I rushed home from work and then headed to Shawville for the annual D.I.F.D 3 pitch tournament! Do It For Daron is a charity that raises money for mental health awareness in youth! So happy to be playing ball for such a great cause.

DIFD 8

Truth me told, this was my VERY FIRST ball game ever (outside of gym class). I was a little nervous because I didn’t want to disappoint my team with any rookie mistakes. Thankfully, I didn’t do as bad as I expected and ended up having a blast! We were part of such a fun team! In between our 6 pm and 8 pm game we had a great time visiting with everyone!

DIFD 9

DIFD 2

After our second game the whole team got together for more drinks at the ball park and just chatted and had fun well into the early morning. Ryan and I left fairly early because I had to get up for work the next day!

It was an eventful day at work! It was just me and a student. Within an hour we had so many pick ups! They were lined up 4 cars deep. It was an exhausting morning and I was running on not very much sleep to begin with.

Thankfully, when I got home Ry had lunch all ready for us. Nothing says summer like BBQ hot dogs.

DIFD 7

I knew we would be having a late night again on Saturday night so I decided to settle down for a nap. Just as I was falling asleep the phone rang. It was my parents alarm company saying that their house alarm was going off and it was registering a fire in the master bedroom. Knowing both of my parents were not home I sprung up from my slumber and Ryan and I sped up the road to their house.

We ran in the door and through the house to the master bedroom where we saw…nothing! The house was quiet and calm. Definitely no fire. Unfortunately, it was too late to inform any of the emergency crews that everything was ok. Within a few minutes the fire trucks were on scene. 

My parents alarm system had become faulty from a couple of surges of power and luckily while they were away I never received anymore alarm calls.

DIFD 6

By the time we got home from all the excitement it was time for supper and to get ready for a wedding reception for friends Crystal and Jeff.

DIFD 5

It was a surreal feeling to get to the hall for the wedding reception. The last time I was there was for our own wedding. They even used the same decorator and so there were some similarities in style. They even used the table numbers that Dad and I built! It’s so great seeing them put to good use! The hall was beautiful and really reflected the bride and groom! The bride was absolutely glowing and everyone was dancing away to the band! Ryan and I both had a blast dancing away and visiting with friends! 

DIFD 4

DIFD 3

After sleeping in a bit on Sunday, I got up and headed to church with my Mom. Immediately after church, Ryan and I headed to the city to see a movie with a 2 for 1 coupon that I had been saving. Ryan really wanted to see Fast & Furious 6 but I rolled my eyes with pretend disapproval. Can you say Paul Walker? YA!

DIFD 1

Overall, the weekend was fabulous and I am in need of 2 cups (verses my typical 1) of coffee this morning to get me through the day! It was such a busy weekend but we had so much fun together and with friends!

How as your weekend?

xo

One Special Note:

This weekend the student minister from our church (that also married Ryan and I) got ordained over the weekend in Montreal! I just wanted to give Nancy a quick shout out! Congrats Nancy, all of your hard work has paid off! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. So that your parents house was OK. That must have been SCARY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get caught up on some overdue sleep, Lindsay. Thanks for the shout out, it was an unbelievable evening!
    Bless you.
    Reverend Nancy, ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete