Friday, January 20, 2017

I Wish I Loved Winter As Much As Sam

Happy Friday everyone! I hope that you all had a great week! Mine has been going by really quickly! We are approaching tradeshow season so lots of preparations are being made by me for these events. Hotel rooms booked, dinners, tradeshow supplies, clothes...It's busy! But I love being at the organizing end of this. It's what I specifically excel at. Give me an event to plan and I can execute it and make sure all of the people (in this case, men) are all there, properly dressed and everything they could possibly need is there. I like to make it seem effortless, even though there is a lot that happens behind the scenes. 

When I was a little girl, I use to be a Tomboy and loved being outside playing. I loved the sandbox, making snow forts, going sliding and exploring the farm! As I grew older I still love being outside but only in warmer times. In the winter, my most favorite thing to do is hibernate! 

I look at my son and I see how much he LOVES being outside. In the other warmer months, I love to pack picnics and embrace as much time outside as possible. In the winter months, I dread when he asks me to go outside. And on the days that Ryan is working or sleeping, I have no choice but to be the one to bundle up and take him out for winter fun. 

But he knows I'm not as much fun as Daddy outside in the winter. He asks for Ryan to take him out whenever he's around. Unfortunately, it's been pretty horrible weather this winter and Daddy has been working a lot and it's come to me. 


Weather it be skating, going on walks, GT's, sliding and Sam's favorite shoveling! I've tried bundling up to make sure I'm warm and that does help a little. My last investment will be a good pair of boots as I've already fallen a couple of times on the ice! Apparently my boots are not very good in the ice and not many are good for the ice according to this article

My hatred of winter and snow still continues...and yes I am Canadian but I don't need to love it the Northern temperatures! But I do love seeing the smile on my kids face as he is outside with his Dad enjoying the fresh air! 



Happy Friday! 

xo 

1 comment: