- 1 package of Nann bread
- 1 chopped onion
All the ingredients
* If you notice in the picture above I have already sliced my chicken and onions the night before. This saves so much time in the cooking process!
* Also, tomato paste freezes really nicely and can be stored till the next time you need it.
1. In a large frying pan, melt butter. Add onions and cook until browned and tender.
2. Add spices and cook for another minute.
3. Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste and brown sugar. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Add chicken, sour cream, and the cream. Mix and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Serve Butter Chicken over top of rice and with warmed Nann bread.
6. Enjoy! :-)
What I love about this recipe is that it tastes like something out of an Indian restaurant. It is so simple to make (after your chicken and onions is chopped) and comes from mostly fresh ingredients from my cupboard. Regular Butter Chicken has nearly 500 calories per serving but this recipe has only 300 calories. It can be a little bit more expensive to make being that you are buying pre cooked rotisserie chicken and special Nann bread. However, if you place it in a week that the rest of the recipes are a little less expensive it will all balance out.