Happy Tuesday everyone! I’d like you all to meet a very special friend of mine. One of my BEST friends in fact and my beautiful MOH Jilly! Or as I like to affectionately call her, Jilly Beans. It was Jilly who actually got me started on this whole bloggy thing. You see, I have been following her blog for YEARS and I really admired her writing and wanted to try it out for myself!
Jilly blogs over at Jill’s World so please go over and check it out! Thank you Jilly for writing a guest post for me today!
My name is Jill, and you can find me most days blogging over on my little corner of cyberspace, Jill’s World! As most of you know, Lindsay got married on Saturday, and I had the pleasure of being her Maid of Honour – so yes, Linds is more than just a bloggy pal to me – she’s also one of my best friends IRL!
I was excited when Lindsay approached me a few weeks ago about writing a guest post for her while she’s off on her honeymoon.
OK, confession. I wasn’t just excited. I was also a little bit jealous.
Now, that probably sounds like a super-selfish and bitter thing to say, coming from the girl’s MOH, right? And by no means would I ever want to be the third wheel on a couple’s HONEYMOON, buuuuuuuut…
Frig, I wish I was in the Bahamas right now, too!
C’mon, admit it. You’re all a little jealous too, right?!
So. Here’s the good news: Summer is right around the corner! The hot sun, the BBQ’s, the pool parties, the bonfires, the ball games, the flip flops, the popsicles, the cold drinks…right.around.the.corner, people!!!
It’s around this time of year that I start to compile my Summer Playlist on my iPod. You know, the songs that just ooze summertime, and can pick you up on the dreariest of days. The songs that make me crave the heat. The songs that just smell like sunscreen! This year, I’ve gone with a mix of new and old that I think fits the summertime just right.
So, without further ado, here is my 2012 Summer Playlist!!
- New Shoes – Paolo Nutini
- Save Me San Francisco – Train
- Red Solo Cup – Toby Keith
- Feel So Close – Calvin Harris
- All I Want to Do – Sugarland
- Drunk On You – Luke Bryan
- Wild Ones – Flo Rida ft. Sia
- Boyfriend – Justin Bieber
- Honey Bee – Blake Shelton
- Here for a Good Time – Trooper
- All Summer Long – Kid Rock
- This Afternoon – Nickelback
- Summer Girl – LFO
- American Honey – Lady Antebellum
- Back Down South – Kings of Leon
- Barefoot Blue Jean Night – Jake Owens
- Centerfield – John Fogarty
- Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen
- Margaritaville – Jimmy Buffett
- I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
- Knee Deep – Zac Brown Band
- Tonight Tonight – Hot Chelle Rae
- It Girl – Jason Derulo
- Big Wheels – Down With Webster
- The Boys of Summer – The Ataris
- Summertime – Kenny Chesney
- What Makes You Beautiful – One Direction
- Hot Child in the City – Nick Gilder
- Summer of ’69 – Bryan Adams
- Dirt Road Anthem – Jason Aldean
There! Thirty of my favourite songs with a summer vibe. What do you guys think? What songs about sunshine & good times would make your Summer Playlist?
I know Linds has her iPod loaded and she’s probably lying on a beach right now, flipping through Fifty Shades of Grey, sipping a yummy summer cocktail…
Oh God, I’m jealous.