Monday, July 23, 2012

A Golfing Kind Of Weekend

 

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend!

My weekend started out with a highly anticipated event, the company golf tournament. Every year at the end of July all of the great employees from the farm load up a bus for an afternoon/evening of music, great good, prizes and golf!

MVT tournament 007

Friday afternoon, after a quick bus ride we all got ready to head out onto the course!

mvt golf tournament 8

mvt golf tournament 7

mvt golf tournament 9

This was my team! Dustin, Cowan and myself! We had a great time chatting with the teams around us and playing a good round of golf!

mvt golf tournament 6

I am usually not the biggest fan of golf because I am just not that good at it. On Friday, I played the game of my life! Never before have a shot a ball and have it land on the green! I even won a prize for being closest to the pin! It was pretty exciting!

mvt golf tournament 5

Yes my balls name was Joe!

After we were all done our round of golf we headed back to the clubhouse for some cocktails, a steak dinner and music!

mvt golf tournament 4

The afternoon/night went by in a blink! It was so much fun to have a Friday afternoon off to spend with great people!

Saturday was a busy day around home. It was all about puttering around. Between getting new pictures hung, laundry, organizing (YAY!) and weeding the vegetable garden! The garden is at a fun stage right now because every time you go out there seems to be something new growing!

We have some great Romaine lettuce that is ready for the picking so we made ourselves a fresh chicken Caesar salad! Yum!

caesar salad

Being that I played such a good game of golf on Friday I was feeling pretty professional (ha!). So, I agreed to join Ryan on the golf course in Norway Bay on Sunday.

mvt golf tournament 2

Although it was fun it sure did take the wind out of my sails. Back to being the awful player that I am! Ha! :-)

mvt golf tournament 3

That afternoon I volunteered at a music festival up the road from the Norway Bay golf course. It was a fun hour of AMAZING music put on by one of our (Ryan and I) friends, Phil. There were so many kids out at the Under The Pines Music Festival to listen to barn themed music! Such an amazing event in our own neck of the woods.

mvt golf tournament 1

As you can imagine I pretty much got my fill of golf for one season! But it was still a super fun weekend out in the fresh air!

How was your weekend?

xo

2 comments:

  1. You are more patient than I am. I can do mini golf. That's about the extent of my golf experience. Haha. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fun weekend! Sounds like you got your fill of golf!!

    ReplyDelete