Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ceremony Part 2

 

Happy Wednesday everyone! A full work week…yuck! ha ha! What happened to Mondays and Friday’s off? Life seems so much sweeter with an extended long weekend!

Last week, I spoke about the wedding ceremony. One of my favorite moments of the day was just about to happen. I was holding onto my Daddy ready to walk down the aisle to my man. What a feeling!

Just as those doors opened and we took our first step and…

0284

I froze.

Yup! I was standing still, Dad lightly tugging on my arm for me to move forward. Dad looked over at me and said, “Are you ok?”

I nodded and he nodded back and we continued our way down the aisle.

0285

0287

Still to this day I have no idea why I paused. I think I wanted to stop for a second and take in the sight. I might have been waiting for everyone to finish standing up. Honestly, I have no clue. All I know is that I was so full of emotion and at that moment that is what my brain told my body to do!

Half way down the aisle I thought I was a pro! I kept thinking that this was easy!

Then, Ryan turned around and I lost it! I started sniffling and crying like a big baby! The only reason I know what Ryan’s faced looked like was because of watching the video afterwards. The instant that I saw him my eyes went blurry with tears.

0292

0295

My Dad gave me away which was one of the saddest and happiest parts of my day.

0297

I was finally arm and arm with my FIANCE for the last time!

0298

He helped me up the stairs and we got in position to start the ceremony!

0299

0301

0303

The ceremony was a breeze! My nerves had subsided by then! With a couple of opening prayers my Aunts (my Dad has three sisters) stood to read the scriptures that we had chosen which were;

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12a

1 Corinthians 13:4-8a

Ephesians 3:14-21

0304

It was now time to exchange rings and vows! I wish I could say that I was strong through it all but watching my soon to be husband choke up made me lose it a bit. At one point I think Reverend Hobbs thought I was going to pass out because he told me to breath. But, we got through the vow and ring exchange in one piece, barely! :-)

0306

0305

One of my favorite aspects of the ceremony was during the ring exchange where Ryan and I both gave eachother our wedding bands and then Ryan presented me with my engagement ring again. This is what our student minister, Nancy said for the engagement ring presentation;

“The engagement ring is a symbol of a promise and intention. Now today, the intention is realized and the promise is fulfilled. So would you please place the engagement ring on Lindsay’s finger over her wedding band, symbolizing that the love that brought you together will protect and sustain you.”

We had decided early on into the wedding planning process to have a hand fasting which is an old Celtic tradition representing part of my heritage. The best man tied our hands together symbolizing, “tying the knot”.

0310

Then, this was read;

“These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever.

These are the hands that will work alongside yours, as together you build your future.

These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch, will comfort you like no other.

These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief fills your mind.

These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears form your eyes; tears of sorrow, and tears of joy.

These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children. These are the hands that will help you to hold your family as one.

These are the hands that will give you strength when you need it.

And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged, will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.”

Our ceremony was already so touching and meaningful to us. I can say that it did seem to go by in a blink but it wasn’t over yet, we needed to sign the registry, kiss and be announced as

HUSBAND AND WIFE.

To be continued…

xo

2 comments:

  1. OMG I love the engagement ring idea! And you look stunning, I'm in love with your veil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes are prickly with tears remembering the service. I think weddings are right up there with baptisms for services I love to preside at. On a different note, I have been craving your home fries for a week, lol! No, I am NOT hinting at getting any, but think I need to make some on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete