Happy Wednesday everyone! I had plans to post Sam’s 6 Month update today but I feel like it’s not ready! I love making the monthly updates for my boy. I hope to one day print them all off and gift them to him.
This coming weekend is Thanksgiving in Canada! While typically not my favourite holiday (it lands on or around my birthday every year! Boo!), I do appreciate the fact that we get some time together and gorge on a delicious meal! The whole point of thanksgiving is to reflect on the things that we are thankful for. Now, I know my family/friends, health, house over my head, are a given. So, I thought I’d give you a more random list of things that I am thankful for.
- I am thankful for naps. I am not talking about the ones that I use to enjoy. I’m talking about the amazing naps your kids take. I’m sure all those fellow Momma’s out there are nodding their heads. Those long afternoon naps are heaven. A days worth of work can get done now in the span of naptime. It’s time to breath, be functional and do stuff without the worry the baby.
- I’m very thankful for my Keurig. Many Christmas’ ago my then fiancé gifted me a Keurig. At the time I thought it was a very unromantic gift but now I think it’s the sexiest thing ever!! The minute I crawl out of the bed it is the first thing I go to! I practically dance around in anticipation as the water warms up!
- I’m very thankful for yoga pants and leggings. Now that I am home my definition of “getting dressed” for the day is throwing on some stretchy pants! Not only are they comfortable but if I have to run out to the store, I do look somewhat dressed!
- Speaking of getting dressed, the one item I try to avoid is socks! I have talked about my hatred for socks before. Now that it is getting colder around this area, I get a side eyed glance if I am still sporting my flip flops. Thankfully around home we have heated tile floors so I don’t have to wear any socks inside the house! I keep a pair by the door though for when I need to head out!
- Since the program began, I am thankful for my PC point card. My local grocery store introduced me to this card and I have to say, I’m in love! The more you use your card, the better it gets. It now knows the stuff that I usually buy every grocery trip, so usually I get points for those items. I am going to be grocery shopping anyways so why not collect points to put towards free food? I’ve already cashed in 60$ worth of free groceries.
- Netflix. I am SO thankful for Netflix! For about $8 a month I can stream shows/movies for me, Ryan and even Sam! I can watch it on my phone, our Ipad, computer and T.V! On the early mornings in Nova Scotia when Sam was up before the rest of the house, we would put a kids show on the Ipad and it would keep him entertained until it was time to wake everyone up for the day!
What are some small things that you are thankful for?