Thursday, July 8, 2010

Angel Hair for Kids

Well it's official. I took the plunge (IE: didn't back out) and cut off my hair! I had been growing it for a long while now so that I could donate it but once it got long I had become super attached. I was super scared at the hairdresser's but at the same time anxious. I was feeling anxious because my hair had gotten so long that it no longer had a style. It just hung there with no body. It started to look frumpy. A long time ago I got it in my head that to be "feminine" or feel like a girl that you needed to have long hair. Part of me felt like if I cut off my long locks that I would be less of a woman.

Before

Before

I had decided to use Angel Hair for Kids being that it is a non profit Canadian foundation that makes wigs for children.


It was a super hot day here yesterday so my long hair was even more limp then normal. When I arrived at the hairdressers she made it very quick and painless. Lisa, my hairdresser is also a friend and I told her that she could do WHATEVER she wanted (also something scary). I knew I had to give her control otherwise I would just end up with long hair again. She quickly tied it back in a braid and just started snipping. Didn't even give me time to change my mind which was best. Instantly, my head felt lighter.








After the wash, cut and style was done I was so happy with the outcome. I LOVE IT! It feels more bouncy, healthy and girly! I actually have a style now. I knew Ryan was a little uneasy about my hair as well because he has only ever known me with long hair but he loves it! I think he likes it better than the long hair, which is a huge relief.

After


After

All in all, I am so glad that I went through with it and I am ecstatic with the outcome! Thank you for all those who had to listen (read) about my worries about this hair cut and your encouraging words.

xo

9 comments:

  1. It looks great Lindsay! Good for you, what a great cause to support.

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good - and you will appreciate it if we keep getting these heat waves all summer! Watch the first time you wash it though, you don't need AS much shampoo! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigosh, it looks sooo fabulous and CUTE!! I cried on my way to the hairdresser when I donated mine to Locks of Love (the same thing but in USA) but loooved it. I agree, mine was MUCH more bouncier!! I'm REALLY missing my long hair right about now (well, not THAT long, but longer) but it's okay, I know it grows back :-)

    Sooo glad you're happy with your big decision!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really good!!

    That takes a lot of guts!!! My hair isn't quite that long, but I always hate cutting my hair. My hair is a few inches past my shoulders, and is too short for me :\

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much everyone! I am so glad that I finally did it! It feels so much healthier. I think I have finally gotten over my fear of the hairdress and I will probably be more daring to try to hairstyles from now on. Thank you all for your kind words! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You already know how great I think the new 'do looks! Good stuff, Linds!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh it looks awesome! It is scary, I did it 4 years ago. I might again after my wedding this fall, but it looks great! And you did it for an awesome cause!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your new *do*! And what a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Ladies! It feels so weird not having to "untuck" my hair from under my shirt when I put it on in the morning, ha ha. xo

    ReplyDelete