Friday, August 6, 2010

Today Is The Day!

The week has FLOWN by because of work load and it being a short week to begin with. Before I could blink Thursday was done and Friday is here! Do you know what that means? As of noon today I am on holidays! Yes, summer holidays and I am ecstatic! I can't wait to do anything I want during the day or do nothing at all. I'm excited to have that choice.


Ryan and I are kicking off our holidays by loading up in my parent's beetle convertible and heading up North for his cousin's wedding! I think tonight after the 4 hour drive we will just order some pizza in for supper. I get a really big kick out of having pizza delivered to our hotel room whenever we are out of town. I guess since it's something that isn't available in my small town it makes it extra special. I have even convinced myself that it tastes better delivered, yes I am laughing at myself too. :-)

The Beetle

Last night I spent the night following my "What to do before we leave" and "What to pack" lists. Yes, I am one of those obsessive, over organized, list people. I love to make lists and I love the feeling of crossing something off of my list when I have completed it, I can be a little dorky that way.




I am excited for our 4 hour road trip. For some reason when Ryan and I are stuck in car together for a long period of time we have the best conversations ever! I guess being stuck in a car together there is no where to go if you are mad/sad/happy/frustrated so we just sit and talk it out, whatever that may be. We also play some games that we have made up like the alphabet game. It is where each person takes turns with a letter to complete the following:


Girl Name: (boy in the second round)
Where they are from:
What they enjoy eating:

So, it would go something like this:


"I once knew a girl named Ashley. She lived with her family in Alaska and she really liked to eat apricots."
Then the next person would do "B" and so on.


It passes the time and I admit that it is a super dorky game but we get some laughs out of it.


Just a regular day, being dorky!

:-)


Does anyone else have any car trip games that they like to play? I'm always looking for good road trip games!

Well, I guess this is goodbye for the weekend but I will be continuing to post throughout my week off. I need to occupy my time somehow right? :-)


Hope everyone has a great weekend!

xo

7 comments:

  1. When we were kids and going to the Swisha to visit my grandparents, we would always play car bingo or something...we would each have a list and would have to find like 4 water towers, 5 yellow cars, 6 WELCOME signs etc...
    it occupied us for the 2 hour drive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha That sounds like fun. I think I would be playing by myself though since Ryan is driving. :-) Is that where your love of bingo started? xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea i think so...LOL
    Maddy, Ricky and I play I Spy in the car on the way home some nights...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. One game we like to play is the alphabet game. You use all road signs and find a word that correlates with the letter. Both of you do the whole alphabet and whoever gets to Z first wins. Like you are driving down the road see Appleton City 30 miles, the first person who yells it wins. That person moves on to B but the other person is still looking for their first A. Q, X & Z are the hardest

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo i hope you had a fun weekend!! chris and i have the best conversations in the car too :) We play that game where you name an actor then the next person names a movie they were in so its like
    me: tom hanks
    him: apollo 13
    me: kevin bacon (also in apollo 13)
    him: footloose
    etc etc

    we usually only get like 2 rounds then start over or one of us gets mad and calls the other one a liar or has to pull up imbd to prove their point but its still fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, FUN! Hope you're all having a great time :-) I'm SUCH a list girl too!! I chronicle my lists by outfits ;-) One trip down to Kansas, Greg taught me how to solve *half* of a rubix cube, hah! Take that for skills while driving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome photos. I love weddings!!

    ReplyDelete