Monday, June 27, 2016

Full Saturday And An Old Fashioned Sunday

Happy Monday everyone! What a glorious sight to wake up to this morning...PUDDLES! We have been in desperate need of some rain. Things were getting crispy around here. At this point, with irrigation things are staying alive but not really growing. 

Friday night I needed to get out! I was feeling a little cabin fevered lately. Ryan is away every Wednesday and Thursday for activities and week after week, I am at home. I love to be at home but I am envious of how carefree Ryan can be to just pick up and leave whenever he wants. For me to leave I need to ensure arrangements for Sam, supper needs to be made and other things laid out. 

Friday was my night out! We had some car arrangement problems but my brother came to the rescue and let me borrow his Mustang! Great way to start the night out! Top down on a beautiful summer day! 


First stop was for pedicures! My feet were in desperate need of some pampering! I really need to make an effort to do this more often because somehow when my feet are done, I feel more put together.  


Right next door is a yummy Italian place called Fresco! Where I got a salad and stone oven pizza! 


Finally, last stop was one of my favorite places, Value Village. Yes, I love a good thrifty shopping. And I also find the prices of Value Village to be getting expensive but with careful looking you can still find some great treasures and pieces that are way below their retail value. I got a pair of Ricki's jeans for $9, Reitmans shorts for $8 and this AWESOME wool Holt Renfrew for $4! I can't wait to wear it this winter with my grey pea-coat! 


I was up early preparing for a fun and busy Saturday with my boys! We were off to do some work but we were going to make it fun too! To save some money, I even made us breakfast for the road and extra bonus to eating on the road, getting the early start! 


After a couple of work stops, Ryan was busy doing some work and Sam and I quickly played at a park for 40 minutes! 


When the work was done we packed up and drove to Petawawa. If you are ever driving by (or just take a special trip), go to the Petawawa Civic Centre! This place is amazing! New play structures, mini putt, bathrooms, picnic area and huge splash pad! 

We ate our picnic quickly because Sam couldn't wait to get wet! 


I wish I could share with you his happy squeals and giggles! Sam was in his glory! 


Sam had a 1.5 hour truck nap and since he slept so good in the truck, we opted for one more stop, strawberry picking! We had opted out of picking our own last year but thought we'd give it a try. Sam wasn't the easiest but we were pretty much the only ones there so it didn't matter. He probably hate half a basket! ha ha! 



16 L of strawberries for our enjoyment! 


After such a busy Saturday, we were looking forward to quiet Sunday at home. I woke up before the boys and got to work at cleaning my berries. I also made some homemade bread which ended up as French toast. Strawberries with EVERY meal on Sunday! ha ha! 

Ryan has convinced me to start making (instead of buying) bread for the next month. One dough cycle makes two loaves and so starting this week, we will only eat homemade bread. It does taste WAY better but will I be able to always have some on hand? 


We puttered around the house, played in the sandbox, I weeded my garden before it got too hot, we made some strawberry jam and both boys when down for a afternoon nap. While they napped I went for a swim, read my book and knitted on the front porch! A great Sunday well spent! 


How was your weekend? 

xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment