Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Random Wednesday

It's the middle of a week that is passing way too slow! I am so looking forward to the weekend, especially because I am hosting a Norwex party for some friends and family (come hungry there will be lots of food!!). If you have never heard of Norwex check it out.

I have been using their products for about 2 years now and have reduced my chemical cleaning products significantly!!! I'm not too health conscious about chemical cleaning products but I am happy about the fact that not using as many cleaning products is nice on my wallet!

I took yesterday off and I feel very refreshed. Lately at work, I have been feeling really overwhelmed. There are so many things to do and I was having a feeling that I was being pulled in many different directions. I would lay awake at night thinking about all the tasks that still needed to get done at work! It has been a lot of pressure.

Yesterday, Mom and I took a trip to Ottawa to do some furniture shopping! We had a blast looking around and finally found the perfect chairs for the upstairs sitting/living room. I can't wait for them to arrive!

This is the chair (there is two of them) and ottomans.

We also had lunch at Pizza Hut for the buffet! They had some really get vegetarian choices. Salad, pasta with plain sauce, Veggie pizza and cheese pizza! Perfect!

I have been doing well with the not eating meat thing. It has gotten easier over the last 24 hours. I think less about steak and more about chocolate. haha I don't know what that connection is about!

Last night, I was way too full of pizza for supper so I made Ryan some eggs. But the night before we had spaghetti with plain sauce. It was perfect because it was a fast meal on a busy night and meatless! We are continuing the house renovating process and have ALMOST finished the livingroom, soooo close!



Did I mention my dad is the best? Here he is helping us finish vanish the floor.

I'm really looking forward to tonight's supper, Tex Mex Lasagna, recipe to follow.


On a random final note, I wanted to wish my blogging friend, Nicole, at That's Life a very happy 1st blog-a-versary! I have really enjoyed reading her blog over the last months, keep up that great writing Nicole!!

Happy Wednesday everyone, I hope all of your weeks are passing by uber fast!

xo

5 comments:

  1. It's nice to have a day off in the middle of the week - although I am pretty sure you had a 4 day week last week too...huh huh!!
    I was just looking at a Pizza Hut flyer yesterday that came in the mail at work and was craving the buffet...I even looked online to see if there were any close to me...and YOU HAD THE BUFFET....
    Nice chairs and living room - I'm sure I'll see it soon enough...hopefully it doesn't take forever for you to get these chairs in!
    Anyways, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all that talk about food, boy you are making me hungry and it's only 9:15am. haha :)
    I like the chairs! And that's super great of your dad to help!
    TexMex Lasagna... ok you have my interests peeked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if you follow this blog http://www.kellehampton.com/ but Kelle has a post today that I think you would love to give a try. She talks about a fall festival and stuff and the food she enjoyed there...caramel apples, sweet corn and CHOCOLATE DIPPED BACON....yep!
    I don't know if I am brave enough to try it but you are a BACON fan and who doesn't love chocolate, I think this should be a mission for you to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a fab day off from work!! Love those chairs, can't wait to see how the upstairs of your home has been transformed!!

    Pizza Hutt buffets are the best, I looove their salad bar too! Yummo :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo nice chair!! we're looking for chairs for a sitting room as well... *sigh* one thing at a time i guess

    ReplyDelete