With all the excitement of the last two weeks (babies and weddings, woo hoo!) I completely forgot about doing a post about Faith's 2nd birthday outfit made by me, her Titi (Auntie).
Wow, so that means this is a Titi Tutu Tutorial....ha ha!
As some of you are aware, I have a very serious case of the "crafties". My mind is constantly spinning with crafting ideas! When my niece, Faiths, birthday was approaching, I knew I wanted to make something special for her to wear!
She is a very outgoing child. She loves to play pretend, sing and dance! I knew I wanted to make her a fun Tutu to dance in!
Here is the material that you will need:
- 1 package of 1 inch elastic
- 6 yards of tulle
(I used 3 different colors, white, light purple and dark purple)
- Need and thread
- Measuring tape
1. Measure the waist of the child. Also measure the height from her waist to her feet.
*Good luck getting a picture of this, my little ham wanted to keep taking pictures with me!*
2. Whatever you measured for the waist, minus 2 inches. Measure this out onto your elastic and cut. Sew the two ends together to form a circle.
3. Cut all your tulle...this is the hardest part of the whole thing! Don't worry about it being perfect, you'll trim it later. Each piece will be folded in half over the elastic.
4. For easy assembly, put the elastic circle around your thigh.
5. Begin tying the tulle! Fold your tulle in half. This will create a u-turn shape. Wrap around the elastic and then the extra material through the loop.
6. Continue all the way around until you have covered the entire elastic.
7. Hang the tutu somewhere so that you can trim all the way around it using scissors. The shorter the tutu, the more it will stick out rather then lie flat.
Pretty easy eh? But, what would a birthday tutu be without a matching shirt and hair bow? Of course I had to make a "2" shirt and pigtail bows!
The birthday girl looked so cute and had a blast running around being a little ballerina!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday!