Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wedding Wednesday - Bridesmaid



Happy Wednesday folks! So far, this week has been pretty awesome. You know those weeks where you are just in a better mood? Things seem to fall into place? That's what is happening and I'm rejoicing in every moment while it lasts!



Being that it is Wednesday, I figured it was a great chance for you to meet another special member of our bridal party!



Side note: Did you notice my new wedding ticker, I swear The Knot thinks of everything!



This week I would like you all to meet Rebekka. (I call her Bekk)



Let me give you a background story. You see, I actually never really knew Bekk for most of my life, she lived across the river on the Ontario side. The summer before I left for University we met for the first time. The person I was dating was friends with the guy she was with! They introduced us (since we were going to be at the same school) one night at the bar and I have to say I wasn't impressed (I think I called her an ice princess or something....I'm sorry hun!). But the next meeting was at a local cottage where we exchanged numbers of our new dorm rooms and the rest is history.


Bekk and I didn't really know anyone at University, that was 5 hours away from home. We clung to each other like crazy going out to supper/lunch together all the time, taking trips down to the Stoneroad Mall, and consoling each other over the breakups with the boys that introduced us in the first place!


That first Christmas that I went home I was telling my parents all about my new friend and even said to mom, "this girl is going to be in my wedding one day."


Our first picture together on my 18th birthday, just babies!

The second year of school we moved into an apartment together and finally became legal to go to the bars!



We'd dance up a storm, eat out and just have a blast! Bekk also met Jill who came to visit lots and the three of us became friends, making lots of memories!




Graduating University was hard. It was back to reality and I was worried that our friendship would fizzle away like so many from high school. However, the good news, it didn't. Sure I'd like to see her more often then I do but she's just a ferry ride away and I know that she would cross anytime I need her!


You really know you have a true friend when you can go for a length of time not seeing each other and there is never an awkward silent moment. When we see each other it's like no time has passed.

I would like to thank the man who invented Blackberry messenger. I don't think a day passes by without a message to or from each other. Even if it's a simple, LUMU (Love u, miss u).

Now, remember those boys I mentioned at the beginning of this story, specifically the one that I was dating. He was always a great guy and we remained friends.



Yes, she is a total babe!


Yes, that's him, with Bekk! Isn't it funny how things work out? One great friend with a great guy! They are a great couple and Ryan and I have really enjoyed our "double dates" with them!

Bekk,


Sometimes I sit back and think about how amazing it is that God somehow arranged for this small town Quyon girl to meet a small town Kinburn girl. I cherish the memories and friendship that has grown between us and I look forward to so many more to come!




Thank you for agreeing to be part of this special time in my life.


LUMU!

xo

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving these Wedding Wednesday posts, so great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I invented the term "LUMU", since you and Bekk seem to have continued to use it! LOL Great post!! So excited that I'm going to see much more of Bekk over the next year thanks to WEDDING ACTIVITIES :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow from the first photo of you guys to that next one posted, she doesn't even look like the same girl almost :)

    It's so great when you find a friendship like that!

    And ya'll with your BBM... first off dunno what that is and second off my iPhone rocks... LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to wedding Wednesday too, and yes that was the first thing I noticed was the Wedding count down (how cute)....

    Shirley
    soon to be aunt-in-law in 11 months and 4 days

    ReplyDelete