It has been one crazy week around this home front! Besides working and watering new flowers in the evening I have done nothing. I haven’t had time. I get home from work, eat whatever I can get my hands on, water my new flowers and look at the clock, BAM 8:00 PM, time for bed!
After a week like that a girls gotta indulge in something sweet so here’s a recipe for one of my favorite go-to dessert recipes….
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Here’s what you need:
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Pineapple slices from can – drained
- Maraschino cherries without stems, if desired
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In 9 inch square pan, melt butter in oven. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over melted butter.
2. Arrange pieces of pineapple over brown sugar. Place a cherry in the centre of each pineapple slice.
3. In medium bowl, beat remaining ingredients with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
3. Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick is inserted in centre and comes out clean. Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave the pan over the cake for a few so the brown sugar/butter mixture can drizzle over cake. Remove the pan and serve warm. Store cake loosely covered and ENJOY! :-)
You know the best part about this recipe? I always have the ingredients in my pantry! That way if I need to make it in a pinch (say, when I have a big craving!) I can whip it up in no time!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!