Happy Friday everyone and happy first day of fall!! Now, that fall is officially here I am dying to put out all of my decorations. Visions of pumpkins, scarecrows and colored leaves are dancing around my head!
I wanted to show you today one of my new favorite, healthy recipes!! It’s easy to make and so delicious!
- Lots of fruit (I used strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, and kiwi)
- Whole wheat tortilla’s
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 the juice from a lemon
1. Take out all of your fruit and clean it.
2. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
3. Prepare all your fruit and chop into tiny pieces. Place in a medium sized bowl.
4. Squeeze the juice out of the lemon into the bowl of fruit.
5. Add two packs of sweetener (or real sugar).
6. Vigorously stir your fruit. Mashing the fruit bits to the side a little. Refrigerate.
7. Cut up your tortilla’s into triangular pieces. Sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar. Bake in preheated over for 10 minutes or until tortilla becomes crispy. Let them cool completely before serving.
8. Serve salsa and cinnamon tortilla chips altogether and enjoy!
Pretty simple, eh? It’s very refreshing and fun to eat. Not to mention a nice alternative to chips for a movie night! Jilly and I snacked on this treat a week ago today as we watched Top Gun.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!