Monday, October 3, 2011

Crafts, Home Show and Homemade Pretzels, Great Weekend!

Happy Monday everyone!! Today at the ol’ farm stead it is a rainy, cold and miserably day! It’s the perfect day to stay in bed curled up with a good book!

This weekend passed in a blink! Even though the weekend was full activity I still feel like I’m rested! It all started out on Friday with craft night hosted at my house! All the girls got together to chat and to make a fun Halloween craft! But, more on that on later! :-)

Craft and Pretzel Weekend 008

Saturday morning I was up early to get ready to head to the city with my Mom for the Ottawa Home and Design Show! We were there early to walk around all the booths before reserving our seats to walk these guys!

Property Brothers

The Property Brothers! (Drew and Jonathon Scott)

These guys are AMAZING speakers and gave lots of great advice for new home owners!! They have amazing public speaking skills!! I love their show and had a little “celebrity” excitement moment when they both walked past me to go start signing autographs!!

Craft and Pretzel Weekend 011

$5.00 for a ticket….worth every penny!

On Sunday I was off to church with a very special basket filled with homemade pretzels.

Our minister Nancy (Hi Nancy!) had asked the congregation to bring in bread for communion table from different cultures. Since I am Irish (as is most of my town) I decided to do something a little different. I decided on a German tradition of soft pretzels!

I made these on Saturday night and had one right away!! They taste just like the ones you would buy at a mall!! So good! Here’s the link to the recipe.

Sunday afternoon, after supper, Ryan randomly left the house to walk over to the farm. I didn’t know what was going on so I just continued baking. Finally, I get a phone call telling me to come outside.

There he was sitting in one of our big tractors. You see, when the song Big Green Tractor by Jason Aldean comes on the radio Ryan always sings it to me. Well, we don’t have any green tractors on this farm but we do have orange ones! So, being the loveable (and corny) man I know, he took me for a ride on his big orange tractor! I love a little corny every once in a while!

Big orange tractor

It’s hard to believe that this weekend brought us into the month of October. The weather is getting much colder and I’m beginning to feel the urge to “winter nest”. You know, the baking, canning and putting everything away before the snow! I am actually a little sad to see the end of summer but I can’t help but love the comforting feeling of Fall!

How was your weekend?

xo

3 comments:

  1. The pretzels were DIVINE - i may even try to make a batch myself...although apparently me and yeast do not work too well...it never rises!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I like corney too! That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lindsay!
    The pretzels looked beautiful, they kind of disappeared and Reg and I misssed out! The communion table was so beautiful with all the homemade breads, it was the most wonderful communion service I have particpated in. I love it when a simple spark of insprataion takes flight into something more than a mere mortal could imagine.

    ReplyDelete