Happy Friday everyone! Most weeks I am glad to see this day come and today is no exception!! It has been one busy week and a little rest and relaxation is going to do me some good.
A week ago today, after work, a bunch of ladies joined me at my house to come and do a craft! I usually don’t tell them what we are making just so it can be a little surprise when they arrive.
This craft I have booked marked on my computer under “crafts” for almost 2 years ago! I have wanted to make it but never could get around to doing so. Well, hosting a craft night is the perfect opportunity to get my butt into gear and try this craft out for myself too!
Here’s the supplies we needed:
- 4 mm Plywood
- 8 mm Plywood
- Orange, black, white, pink and skin colored paint
- Drill and screw (I used 3.2 mm bit)
- Flat and round paint brush
- Cotton balls
- Green raffia ribbon
- Halloween colored ribbon
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Standard wood sawing supplies
AND last but certainly not least, a VERY handsome assistant to help you with the whole cutting the wood/drilling part!
1. Print out pattern that is found on this website and cut it all out. Trace the pattern on wood and cut it out. Sand if necessary.
2. Paint ALL pieces with white as an under coat.
3. Paint the hat, shoes, bird and collar black. Paint the face and hands with beige. Allow to dry and then paint the sleeves and dress orange.
4. Go ahead and get your handsome assistant to screw an additional piece of unpainted wood to the shoes. This will act as your anchor.
5. Now, your ready for a girls craft night OR in other words doing the fun decorative stuff! First decorative step is to take a thin, flat paint brush and out line the black stuff in white and the orange in black. This will give your figure some definition.
5. Take a cotton ball and dip in black or white paint. Dap excess of cotton ball onto a piece of paper towel. Lightly bounce cotton ball on wood surface giving the figure a more aged appearance.
6. Draw on face in black with paint brush and dab Q-tip in pink paint to make round cheeks.
7. Cut pieces of green raffia ribbon for hair. Attach “hair” to the head of the witch with hot glue gun.
8. Now time to assemble! Hot glue gun the hat, collar and arms to witch. Allow to dry. Attach bird onto hands of the witch. Make a bow out of your ribbon and attack to the hat of the witch. Put a line of hot glue on the back of your witch and attach to shoes! Allow to dry.
9. Set Wilhelmina The Witch out for Halloween and enjoy!