Happy Friday Everyone! I am SO ready for the weekend to be here and to be able to spend some time with my boys without the interruption of work!
I’ve had so many “little” things that I wanted to document but none of them seemed important enough to have their own post! Therefore, it’s all going to be talked about and dumped into today’s post!
- Sam’s Easter basket was a huge success. Ryan and I talked about starting the tradition of Sam having an Easter basket that he would put out for the bunny to fill every year, kind of like the idea of a Christmas stocking. So, I wanted to get something special with his name on it! I looked on Etsy and found the perfect one that was customizable. Found here. The basket I found on clearance at Target for $7! The night before Easter “Sam” set it out and the next morning it was filled with Easter goodies (aka: stuff that he needs this year! ha ha!).
- Sam’s basket contained mostly clothes from Target that he needed. It also included sunscreen, Band-Aids, a little fan, water bottles and the favourite item….a dollar store pirates hat!
- Sam had his first visit and meal at McDonalds! One night last week when Ryan was still away Jilly and I picked up Sam and went out for supper! I owed Jill McDonalds from a past bet and it meant I didn’t have to make supper. Win/win! Sam got a grilled cheese, fries and yogurt! He LOVED it and foresee many more visits to come!
- My husband and I have a serious struggle when it comes to food. I want to always try new things, especially if they are healthy! I am constantly trying to force him to eat better and try new veggies and fruit! He is not a very good sport about it and struggles through it the whole time. Here is a prime example! The first picture is my plate with 1 pork chop, some whole grain rice and a large serving of broccoli. The second picture; Ryan’s plate! He did eat broccoli….sort of! Good grief!
- Lately Sam is hilarious to watch play! He is so independent. I just sit back on the floor beside him and watch him go! I always wonder what he is thinking about when he is playing. What his imagination is like right now. Either way, you know Sam has been around when there is a clear path of toys!
- Oh the life with a boy! It has started already! Sam got this awesome trike for his birthday that he LOVES! We go for a walk EVERY DAY since putting it together (sometimes multiple times a day). He pretends to steer while we push him around. The only problem, he NEVER wants it to end. He throws a tantrum as soon as the bike stops moving. It’s going to be a long summer! Ha ha!
- These two? They’re awesome! I love watching their bond grow and grow. They are my world.
Happy Friday and I hope you have a great weekend!