Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Was Santa good to you? I hope everyone had a safe, happy and relaxing Christmas. I know we did.


On Christmas Eve my family met at my house for Turkey dinner with all the trimmings. I had never before in my life cooked a dinner of this magnitude and I was nervous. Fortunately, everything came together without a hitch. And not to toot my own horn or anything but it was SOOOOO good! After supper and dessert we all opened gifts from under the tree. Then the family headed to Christmas Eve service where we all enjoyed our favorite rendition of "Silent Night" by Rolly. It was magical. Headed home to read "Twas The Night Before Christmas" (please see Dare #13) and then off to bed.

Jared, Holly and Faith coming over for Turkey.

Christmas Eve night I spent the night at Mom and Dads. On Christmas morning Ryan met us there and opened presents together. We had a huge breakfast of bacon, eggs, home fries, pancakes, and toast. We were stuffed but Ryan and I packed up and went to Norway Bay to wish his parents a Merry Christmas. Christmas Eve night Ryan and I headed to my parents for a "snack supper". There were so many treats!! Bacon bunnies, wings, spring rolls, spanikapita, miniature quiches, cheese sticks, nachos, chips and cookies. While the family munched on these we watched Ryan's new movie, The Ugly Truth and laughed our heads off. It was a great day!



Tucker and I with the Christmas Tree.

Boxing day started off really relaxing. We stayed in our PJ's all morning and played Ryan's new game, Guitar Hero. It is so addictive! Then we got ready and headed to Ryan's parents to have a great visit and supper with all of his parents, grandma, aunt's, uncles, and cousins. I was so stuffed and cozy but then had to head out to Gavan's for work. The night actually passed pretty fast which was nice.



Playing Guitar Hero



To sum it up it was a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!


Here is your dare this week:

Dare #14

Make a REASONABLE New Years resolution and let me know what it is! :-) Make a resolution you know you can keep!


Good Luck!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment