Here is one of mine and Ryan's favorite chicken recipes. It is super easy to make and if you have picky vegetable eaters the sauce really disguises them.
Philly Farmhouse Chicken
-2 chicken breasts
-¼ cup zesty Italian dressing
-1 cup of baby carrots
-1 can of chicken broth
-Rosemary and Garlic powder
-1 package Philly cream cheese
1.Heat dressing in frying pan than add chicken and onions. Cook until brown.
Cooking the chicken and onions
2. Add Chicken broth, carrots and a dash of rosemary and garlic. Cover, reduce heat to med-low and cook for 15-20 minutes.
Cooking in the broth.
3. Meanwhile, cook rice as directed.
4. Add cream cheese to skillet and cover again for 5 minutes. (This helps it to melt)
5. Turn up heat to med-high and mix sauce until it is all smooth and begins to thicken.
Thickening the sauce.
6. Serve chicken, vegetables and sauce over top of rice.
7. Enjoy! :-)
This recipe takes a little longer to make (40 minutes) than some of my other recipes but during the 20 minutes that it is covered and cooking I go ahead and make lunches or just relax and watch t.v. It isn't a very difficult recipe but tastes and looks like something gourmet. Plus the best part....under $10.00. Happy cooking everyone!
Chicken (2 breasts) - $6.10