Thursday, December 31, 2009

12 Months

Happy New Years Eve everyone!


This will be my final entry for 2009. I can hardly believe it. Ringing in the new year sometimes makes me very sad. If I don't feel like I've accomplished anything in the last 12 months then I get depressed and feel useless. Then I sit down with my tattered agenda and start looking back into the stuff that actually did happen. Let me sum up my year for you.

January




Ryan and I took our very first trip together. We went to Jamaica! We went with a whole group of people for a wedding. We had a blast and didn't want the week to end!

February


A very special girl turned 2 in 2009. I can't believe how fast the time has gone!

March



After months of anticipation my niece Faith was born weighing in at 7lbs 7oz. She was the first baby on both sides of the family and she has been brightening up our lives ever since.

April


Ryan and I took a trip to Montreal for a weekend before the busy summer started. We had a relaxing time. We ate out, shopped, visited the Bio Dome and Olympic stadium.


May


Before



After



The big house renovation of 2009. After my parents moved into their new home I was free to renovate. It caused so much stress in my life but it was all worth it in the end. I gutted and renovated the downstairs bathroom, kitchen, basement, upstairs floors, upstairs painting, new walk-in closet, and two bedrooms finished. There is still lot more to do but I'm looking forward to living in my home and feeling proud of all that I have accomplished in it.



June


In June Ryan and I hosted a pool party in honor of our friends Sara and Graham and their upcoming wedding. It was loads of fun having all of our friends over and in one place playing games, eating, drinking, and swimming.


July


In July good friends of Ryan and I were married. Priscilla and Chad were married on July 18 in a beautiful ceremony in Otter Lake and a fun reception in Portage. Look at that cake! Isn't the bride beautiful?


August


In August and throughout the whole year, once a month I began getting together with some friends from high school. We had lost touch over the years but have really made an effort to continue our once a month dinner date!

September


Sara and Graham were married on September 26. The beautiful bride walked down the aisle to her groom in a Norway Bay church and then we all partied all night at Pine Lodge Golf Course. It was a wonderful day!

October



In October a group of 12 friends embarked on a journey to a cabin that rested on the haunted Fiddler's Lake. Ha ha. It was a great weekend with lots of food, drinking, games and laughs!


November



Towards the end of November Ryan, myself, his parents and his nephew packed up the car and headed to Toronto. On the first night we had pizza and had a great visit with his Uncle Fabian. Saturday morning we woke up, ate breakfast then headed to Vaughan Mills Mall and Bass Pro Shop. We shopped till we dropped!


December


This month has been amazing! I have really enjoyed getting together with friends and family for Christmas celebrations. Decorating my own house for the holidays has been very fulfilling. My Christmas holidays were so fun and relaxing. On the Monday after Christmas Ryan and I did a little shopping in the city and then my Dad met us at the movie theatre to watch Avatar in 3D.

This year has really flown by. I am so blessed to be living where I am. I have amazing friends and family who make every month of my year special in some way or another. I live in a beautiful house and get to look out my front door to 400 acres of fields. It is so peaceful. Looking back at my year now I don't feel like I haven't accomplished anything. Infact, I'm ready for another year full of fun adventures. Don't worry, I'll fill you all in on all of them! :-)

xo

2 comments:

  1. "...On haunted Fiddler Lake"...HAHA!!!

    Pretty amazing to see how much happened in the past year, huh? Lots of good times...I hope 2010 brings more of the same...maybe even BETTER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2010 will bring many new adventures! Just wait and see, I am sure of that! With our group of friends things are always bound to happen! Plus don't forget all of our food outings that we will have to accomplish soon.

    ReplyDelete