Happy Friday! Finally, it’s the Friday before the long weekend! Doesn’t the fact that it’s a long weekend coming up make this Friday seem a little bit sweeter?
Today, I wanted to share with you a fairly new recipe. New, in the sense that it has been appearing at our house for under a year. It has quickly become one of our favorite recipes and I see it being around for years and years to come!
Chicken & Sweet Potato Bake
- 2-4 Large sweet potatoes. Peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1/4 cup Italian Salad dressing
- 3 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of thyme
- Chicken thighs or breasts
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix dressing, sugar and thyme in large bowl.
3. Add potatoes and toss to coat. Transfer potatoes to 17x11 reserving the dressing mixture in bowl.
4. Add chicken to reserved dressing mixture; toss to coat. Place in pan with potatoes.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender and chicken is done.
Isn’t that one of the simplest recipes ever?!? The first time I made it I was sure that it would be way too plain for me. I like sauces and spices.
Man, was I ever wrong! This has easily become one of my personal favorite recipes! I am able to assemble it at night and bake it in when I get home form work.
The ingredients are so easy and mostly things that I have on hand. Not to mention, SUPER cheap to make!
I was never sure if I loved the taste of sweet potatoes but now I am a fan! The sweetest of the potatoes, with the added tang of the dressing and flavor of the thyme is amazing! The chicken absorbs all the flavors during the cooking process that makes it super moist.
As you can see, I highly recommend this recipe!
Wishing all my Canadians and very wonderful Thanksgiving.