Happy Friday everyone! I have to rub it in a little..I’m actually at home right now because I took the day (and Monday) off of work! Woo Hoo! Extra long weekend? I think yes!
I mentioned on Monday, that over the weekend Ryan and I got our “fun” Christmas tree decoration. It’s the tree that holds a special place in our hearts. It might not be the prettiest tree with all matching ornaments. But, it holds a lot of memories for us.
Every time we go on a trip somewhere, we get a Christmas ornament to hang on our tree to remind us of that time. We waited till the end to put up our new ornaments that came into our possession over the last year.
1. As a teenage girl, I had something called a Hope Chest. Every year on birthdays or at Christmas I would receive a gift(s) that would go in my Hope Chest. Things like my fine china, table cloth, napkins, etc. The “rule” is once you had a place of your own, after marriage, you would open your Hope Chest and get all these things for your new place.
I was going through my chest shortly after the wedding and found this handmade (crocheted) ornament from my (great) Aunt Elaine.
My Aunt Elaine has always been like another Grandmother to me. She was very involved in my life. Always there for every holiday! She is a very special woman and I love her so much and I am so thankful to have this special ornament to remind me of her.
2. For this past birthday, I got the best present! One of my longest and closest friends moved home (and her fiancé) from Calgary! Ryan and I are so glad to have them home (and living just down the road!). Before their boxes were even unpacked we were over there for a birthday supper for my 25th. Amanda spoils me and as a birthday gift I received this special ornament for our tree!
It does remind me of our trip out to visit them last September but mostly it makes me thankful to have them back home!
3. Another Christmas ornament from Amanda and Josh from last year! Again, SOO glad to have them home for our weekly supper and game nights!
4. This sweet little ornament is a melted snowman that I purchased at the Onslow Elementary School craft sale! It was made by one of my best friends, Josee!
5. In February of last year, Ryan and I ventured to Las Vegas for a trip for work and for fun! And, FUN it was!! We had a blast seeing the Grand Canyon, going to a Garth Brooks Concert and just checking out the strip!
6. Last Christmas I got this ornament for Ryan as a gift. For those who know him, you know that he ALWAYS says “peace”.
So, naturally when I saw this customized ornament, I had to get it for him! It will always remind us of the day that he asked me to be his wife.
7. Another engaged ornament that I believe is from Ryan’s Aunt Shirley and cousin Katelyn (I’m sorry if that’s wrong! :S)! I just think the two customized sweaters are the sweetest!
8. Being that Christmas ornaments are so important to me, I had to make sure to get one shortly after the wedding! I searched a long time for one that I loved. When I spotted this one, I knew it was perfect! It was elegant and simple!
It will forever be one of the most precious ornaments on the tree. Representing one of the most important and special days of my life, our wedding day.
9. When opening all of our wedding gifts after our honeymoon, I opened this ornament.
It’s an adorable little church that reminds me of the very church that we got married in. It was from our student minister, Nancy who was there to officiate at our wedding!
10. On our honeymoon I told Ryan that I only wanted one souvenir. I knew it was going to be hard to find a Christmas ornament in May in the Bahamas but after looking in a couple of spots I found a rack of Christmas ornaments in a little convenient store!
I knew when I saw this ornament that it would make the perfect addition to our tree! The two turtles would make me think of the two of us on our honeymoon and the name of the city that we stayed in. It was a very special week. The first week as husband and wife.
11. Last Christmas, Ryan’s Mom gave me this ornament. She is always the best at picking out really cute ornaments! This sparkly reindeer has made a great addition to our memory tree!
Thanks Bev!! :-)
Wow! There were a lot of new inductee’s on our Christmas tree this year! But, I’m not surprised! It was been a very busy and exciting time in our lives! So many memories have been made in such a short time and I am so glad that we have ornaments to represent the memories and the people that are special to us!