Good Friday morning to you all! Mini celebration that the weekend is almost here! It’s raining cats and dogs here and melting all of our snow! Can’t say that this girl is all that disappointed! I talked to you all about my surprise baby shower on Monday and I mentioned how amazing the food was, as usual! It made me think about a recipe I had for a potluck item that I occasionally bring!
This recipe is kind of a twist on another item that someone else would bring. It was basically the same ingredients but I am not a fan of the raw onions that were in the wraps so I put my own spin on them. Since then I have been making them for parties all the time and they also happen to be a favourite treat of Ryan’s!
- 1 package of flour wraps
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 brick of cream cheese
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 “cap full” of Epicure salsa mix
- Salsa for dipping (optional)
1. The first thing you do is soften the cream cheese! Not going to lie, 9 times out of 10 I forget to take out my cream chees to make sure it is soft. So, instead I just microwave it for about 30 seconds. I stir it until it is lukewarm and then add the sour cream and lemon juice. Mix these ingredients all together.
2. Add one cap full of the spice mix. Sometimes I add more and sometimes I add less. It all depends on who you are serving it to and how spicy you like it!
3. Add it to your mixture.
4. And stir until WELL combined! You do not want any chunks of spice mix and end up burning your mouth with one little piece! Hot!
5. I love my huge working space in my kitchen, it makes this step so much easier! On my clean counter top I lay out all of my tortilla wraps! I then spoon on a little bit of filling onto every tortilla, trying to make sure there is an even amount on each one!
6. Using the back of a clean spoon I begin spreading the filling mixture over the entire tortilla.
7. Starting at one end I tightly roll the tortilla containing the spicy filling mix! To help seal the end I just take a little bit of the filling mix and spread it on the outside seam.
8. I place all the rolled tortillas back in the original package and chill for at least a couple of hours. Usually it’s longer because one of the best things about this recipe is that you can make it the day/night before!
9. After the wraps are chilled, slice them into 1 inch rounds! Serve with salsa for dipping and enjoy this easy and yummy treat!
There you have it! A guaranteed crowd pleasing, chef easy and yummy appetizer!