Friday, February 13, 2015

My Valentine

 

Happy Friday everyone! Sorry for the lack of posting in Wednesday! I had a work conference and was gone. Ryan actually watched Sam for the day and got to be the stay-at-home parent. I think he realized how much time is committed to Sam. When he told me all his plans for the day I just nodded my head, knowing very well that he wouldn’t get 1/4 of it done!

I have to give him credit though, he dives in on the Sam duties full steam and doesn’t even hesitate anymore. I even think Sam is turning into a Daddy’s Boy, which Ryan is pretty proud of.

There’s no mistake who my Valentine is and has been for the last 7 years and today, I’d like to dedicate this post to him.

To the man who can simultaneously make me so mad I could throw a lamp at his head and then in then next sentence, make me laugh so hard I have tears streaming down my face….

To be honest, life with you can suck at times! Your dirty socks, endless piles of “stuff” and passion for slids/trucks/anything with a motor, drives me bananas! The countless times I have to pick my battles and work on compromising with you is insane.

But here’s the thing, I wouldn’t change it for anything.

There is no one in this world that makes me feel safer. You are my protector and the one person who can calm me down.

You are the best father in the way that you get “down and dirty”. Always interacting with Sam via floor level. You are there to do all the “boy” things.

Truthfully, I can’t picture anyone else putting up with my crazy ways. You are always calmly and sometimes, equally jubilant during our crazy adventures.

I admire your ability to befriend anyone. You know LITERALLY everyone! It amazes me.

You are a gentle giant. Your height can give off the impression of someone who is tough but in reality you are sensitive and cuddly (please don’t shoot me for saying that! ha ha!).

In some weird way, all of our differences are exactly why we work as a couple. We balance each other out and are also similar in ways too.

You are my Valentine today, tomorrow and always , and I wouldn’t have it any other way!

I love you!

xo

IMG_1155-2

2 comments: