Friday, February 27, 2015

My Favourite Maternity Leave Moments

 

Hey everyone and happy Friday! I apologize for no post on Wednesday. Ryan and I are on our own internet and it isn’t very strong. A little wind on Wednesday made it not work! So, I figured I would show you what I had prepared for Wednesday!

_______________________________________________________________________

Happy Wednesday everyone! Our week is again, cold and wintery! As usual, I am SO over it but still asking time to slow down. It will soon be March which is the month that Sam (and I) begin our transition to daycare.

The emotions about sending Sam to daycare are still there but I don’t have as much fear as I did before. Truthfully, trying to do work with Sam is literally impossible now. Being a Mom is wonderful and my favourite thing to do but I also LOVE my job. It’s close to home, flexible and actually enjoyable. I feel like I do my job well and multiple times I have heard it mentioned that they are excited for me to come back.

Getting to spend the first year of Sam’s life with him has been invaluable. I am so thankful to live in a country that gives women this option. I also think that this has played a huge role in being successful with breastfeeding Sam. As I am working on a freezer stash for Sam’s daycare, I realize how much I am HATING pumping and know it wouldn’t have lasted if I was to do it during the beginning stages.

There are so many moments through the (almost) first year of Sam’s life that I am so thankful to have been apart of. I would catch ourselves during a moment of fun and try to take a mental picture of it.

As I go back to work and transition I hope that I can look back onto these memories and remember that amazing time.

I want to remember the slow moments with snuggles. On the front porch rocking, sitting and watching TV, carrying him and when he is nursing.

july216

The fact that Sam was the perfect sidekick! He was easy to bring anywhere with me. Out to eat, shopping and drives! He was always my little partner in crime. I loved when someone would stop me to ask his age/name.

aug 07 4

I also want to remember that first month. The fear that I felt and the uncertainty! I had no idea what the heck I was doing! I had changed maybe 3 diapers in my life. Being so tired yet able to function somehow.

sam 4

The clothes! How fun it was every day to pick out his outfit! I don’t care what people say, dressing a boy is JUST as fun as dressing a little girl!

aug 10 2

I know I’ll remember the sweet smiles, the knowing look that I am his mommy and the giggles. I know on those first tough days back to work and stressed out, it will be thinking about those sweet and fun moments with my son that will get me through.

july213

dec 15 2

As I look ahead to the change in our lives I’ve stopped dreading it and instead look at the positives. My strong boy will continue to thrive and now he gets to develop more social skills. He’ll do crafts and games. He’ll learn to listen to someone besides his Mom and Dad. And he’ll see me as a hard working woman and yet someone who can let go of the office and be devoted to him.

Happy Wednesday!

xo

___________________________________________________________________________

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great outlook on a situation that I know is so hard. One of the hardest parts I had going back to work was that he was so little. I felt like I barely got to know him and we had finally got into a routine and then *poof* is was over. Thankfully, we have such a great arrangement that I haven't had to send him to daycare. I think that would have been a lot harder. I love that you got to spend all of this time with Sam. It is such a great thing that Canada does, and the US is obviously light years behind when it comes to ours. We don't even have guaranteed paid leave. We can take up to 12 weeks without the risk of losing our jobs, but they company has the choice whether to pay us or not. It's terrible. Hopefully by the next one it will be easier. Are you going back full-time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that's awesome Canada does that and the US severely lacks when it comes to maternity leave. Although it feels like it's all about work, not family, etc here anymore. I can't believe it's been almost a year. SLOW down!

    ReplyDelete