Happy (finally) Friday! This was a week filled with work! It is going to be a learning curve. How to go from a hectic work mind and then unwind to my mommy mind. Today Sam will go to Daycare for his longest day yet, 7-3. I feel as though he is ready!
Besides work and daycare, the other thing occupying my mind is first birthday preparations. I love to organize and throw parties and I have been getting things ready for Sam’s birthday for over a month! There is nothing that I hate more then last minute running around! I would much rather be prepared ahead of time. Here are 5 things I have done in preparation for the 1st birthday bash!
1. Pom-Poms! When planning the birthday I looked at balloons that went with Sam’s theme. But who wants to spend the morning of the birthday blowing and hanging up balloons? So, I opted to make these inexpensive and fun tissue paper balls! A pack of tissue paper cost me $0.50 and I got 2 Poms from 1 package. Total I made 14 tissue paper balls to hang in various locations of the house!
2. Each holiday has it’s own large container to hold the decorations. I’m starting to collect birthday stuff in one small bin. I wanted to make this wreath for a while and figured this birthday was the perfect opportunity! I already had the wreath and just bought 4 packs of balloons from the Dollar Store. I hope to store this wreath and use to for every birthday we celebrate throughout the year.
3. We decided on a menu for the birthday party and Japanese meatballs are part of the meal. One of the reasons I chose this is because it is so easy to prepare ahead of time and put in the freezer. All the meatballs are made and ready for Sam’s birthday party.
4. I wanted to give a little token to the people who are at the party. A little “thank you”. I decided to make some “Green Eggs”. These little chocolate/pretzel treats are a favourite and again, something I made in advance and is currently in the freezer waiting for the party!
5. Last but not least is the first birthday invitation! The theme is Green Eggs and Ham!
1 week to go till party time!
Hope you have a great weekend!