Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Why I'm Not Making A Summer Bucket List


Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope that you are getting to enjoy some of this beautiful week! It’s my kind of weather! It’s a little bit cooler at night which means the bugs are away! It’s so nice to be outside once Sam goes to bed and not have to be swatting at annoying mosquitos.

I don’t think that I have ever met someone who does not like summer. It seems that the season is full of fun things to do! BBQ’s, swimming, camping, wedding season and the list can go on and on!

Summer is also a very busy time for those who are in the farming industry. We have a constant struggle with wanting to do all the fun activities and yet still get our work that has to be done when the weather is as beautiful as it is. We have early mornings and long days, just so that we can get everything done in the short season. "Make hay when the sun shines"

I have seen on many blogs and Pinterest boards, Summer Bucket lists. I think it’s a great idea to list all the fun things that a family wants to do in a summer but for my family, it’s not realistic.

I don’t want to list things that we hope to do that summer and then end up disappointed when something fun does not get crossed off the list. I live my life around lists for work and for life. Work to-do's, house list, grocery list, there are just so many lists already! I don’t want another list looming over my head, with items that need to get crossed off.

To me, Summer is about being laid back and enjoying the weather. It’s about random trips for ice cream, dips in the pool on a hot day and marshmallows over the fire for dessert one night. Are there things and activates that I hope to do this summer? YES! But I also don’t want to beat myself up (or be reminded) of all the things that we couldn’t do.


So here's to enjoying the season as it comes day by day!





xo

No comments:

Post a Comment