Monday, September 21, 2015

Wedding Weekend

Happy Monday everyone! Ugh! I thought Monday after a long weekend was hard, it has nothing on a wedding weekend Monday! 

I think a big part of the BLAH Monday feeling is from lack of sleep. We are pretty use to our regular sleep. And although not super long hours usually, it beats VERY little shut eye we got on Saturday/Sunday. 

But to be honest, it is TOTALLY worth it! 

Friday night, I went to go to Sam's daycare at the usual time but did not immediately pack him up to go home! We were staying to visit and have supper to celebrate 1 year since the opening of the daycare! 

It made my week to be there with Sam and watch him play with his friends. I realized how much he has become so social and imaginative since his first day of daycare. Ryan was there as well and we had a good time getting to know some of the other parents. I have probably mentioned it a few times before, but I feel so lucky to have found Sam's daycare. The whole family has become a big part of our lives and quickly we have all become friends. When I drop Sam off everyday, I still miss him but I know he is at a "home away from home". 

Friday in general was a VERY busy work day. September is a very crazy time. When I went to get ready for bed I looked down and saw how dirty my feet were! Yuck! Too much walking through dirt that day! So glamorous! Ha ha! 



Saturday morning we were all up at our usual time. We kind of all lounged around for a while. Ryan left to get started in the wedding festivities (he was a groomsman) so Sam and I had a great morning and afternoon together! 


During his afternoon nap I packed up our bags and got ready for the wedding myself. 

The biggest challenge of this weekend was finding a sitter for Sam. This wedding was not only for close friends but the groom also happens to be my first cousin! Therefore both set of grandparents were invited. We were feeling very unsure as to what to do. We then thought of Ryan's Aunt and cousin and asked if they were interested. Without hesitation, they agreed and we were so relieved! We knew Sam was going to be in great hands! Actually, I think we had a great set up. Sam would be staying at Ryan's parents place overnight and we got to sleep there as well in their trailer. Which also happens to be a 1 minute drive from the reception! Woo hoo! 


The wedding was so beautiful and after the ceremony, it was straight to the reception where I laughed at the amazing MC's! Their entrance and kissing game really broke the ice and helped set the fun tone for the evening! 

The midnight lunch was awesome! Hamburgers, fries and onion rings! Yum! We had a little photobooth fun and danced the night away. It was an awesome time and we stayed up WAY past our bedtime but it was so worth it! 




Congrats to the awesome couple! 

Sunday morning we were up early thanks to our internal alarm clocks. But it was good because we had to pack up and take a little road trip to do some work. The good thing is that Sam got to be with us. It was a beautiful day and we had fun reflecting on the night before.

Sam was our little helper and I can't help but love a little boy in overalls! Melts my heart! 


At home we relaxed, made an easy supper and played lots before we all were in bed VERY early! But it was a very fun and memorable weekend! 


xo  

3 comments:

  1. Awww such a fun time! Glad you guys got some time out and that you were able to find babysitters! I know I always scramble when my mom is busy! Thankfully, we have been able to move things around so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked really nice Sat Linds. I think we all had fun, beautiful wedding and happy to have Sue join our family. Graham sure did a great job and Tyler. It was a great day and night

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really special wedding for sure.

    ReplyDelete