Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Girls Trip To Nova Scotia- Part 1

Ugh! I feel like I have a vacation hangover! Typically, I am itching to get back to my scheduled life. But this time for some reason, I'm not!

Don't get me wrong. I am SO glad to be back to my boys! The longest I had ever been away from Sam was 24 hours before this trip. I loved being back last night and watching how he's changed over just 5 days. He looks, talks and acts just a little different to me after being away.

But I am missing the slow and peaceful mornings right now! The adventurous lunch and early afternoons. Then evenings crashing on the couch with snacks, wine and netflix! But, let me recap! 

We had a Wednesday afternoon flight. We had a quick bite to eat, grabbed a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte and waiting for our flight which was a little delayed. Let me just say, a momma REALLY appreciates the ease of traveling when they don't have their toddler with them. No diaper bags, milk, snacks, toys, stroller, etc! Who cares about schedule! I actually watched a movie on the flight that didn't have cartoon characters in it! Heaven! 


We were so excited to land in Halifax! We had a quiet evening planned! Pizza delivered and Big Brother Finale. We had a little hick up when we went to get our vehicle at the park and fly. The keys had been mixed up but thankfully there was a spare set. We had to sit and wait for the new set of keys and made friends with the bus drivers. 


I was so excited and happy to not only get to the cottage but to see this waiting for me and a beautiful bouquet of flowers! It was all the supplies we would need for the coming days! An early birthday gift for me from my brother, SIL and kiddos and flowers from my Mom!


The next morning I woke up to this beautiful view. My happy place! 


A walk, coffee, reading and down time in the morning and we were on the road around 11 to head to Peggy's Cove! I had gotten to see Peggy's Cove for the first time in August but stayed VERY far away as Sam wouldn't have done well walking around. This time we got to go right up to the light house and sit on the rocks and enjoy the view for a while. 



It was a little bit windy! 

I LOVE Peggy's Cove. The little shops, the bag pipers, the view. It has definitely become one of my most favorite tourist spots in the East coast.   


Leaving Peggy's Cove we stopped at the Swiss Air 111 Memorial Site. Another thing that I really wanted to see our last trip but it was Sam's nap time. The mood was very sad but it felt right to stop. A lot of my family around the area still talk about this day with vivid memories. Such a tragedy. 


Rather than eating at the restaurant at Peggy's Cove, we stopped at the Finer Diner which is just outside of the area in a little fishing village area. It has become one of my favorite spots. It's really close to the cottage and it has a fun vintage vibe about it. I LOVE the seafood chowder with homemade tea biscuit. 


We actually came home and napped on this day! I think we were still getting our "sea legs". But we had a quiet evening with wine, snack foods, reading and 2 movies on Netflix! A perfect beginning to our girls trip! 

Stay tuned for Part 2 

xo 

1 comment: