Happy Wednesday everyone! I know, we are still 1 week away from the first "official" day of Fall, but it's been fall in my heart for the last two weeks!
It's no secret, Fall is my favorite season. I love Thanksgiving, Halloween and my birthday lands in this beautiful season as well.
Every year there are more and more things that make my Fall special. I try to soak up every last minute of the not-to-cold weather and colors! These things have particularly made my Fall especially great so far!
1. I've been limiting my purchases for clothes to the bare minimum this year. When I saw this sweater though, I KNEW it had to be mine! The hood, the pockets, thumb holes, long enough for leggings and just overall comfort! Add in the forest green color I chose, it was PERFECT! Thank you Old Navy for this Fall staple. I may (Ok....totally) wore this sweater everyday last weekend.
2. PUMPKIN! While I am not a huge fan of pumpkin pie, I do love pumpkin in use of baking! My most favorite pumpkin bread recipe has been used at my house 2 weeks in a row! It is so moist and works as bread and muffins! Ryan loves this treat in his lunch and I love the smell that radiates in the house when it's cooking. Pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves...YUM! Recipe found here.
3. Warm drinks is not something that overly enjoy. To me, I avoid them and prefer ice cold beverages for the summer. But now that Fall is here I am loving a cup of tea in the evenings or hot chocolate. I have yet to have a Pumpkin Spice Latte but plans are in the works. Our church is having an Epicure fundraiser and while perusing the catalog I saw a Soothing Wellness tea that contains lemongrass and ginger! It sounds AMAZING and already added it to my ever-growing order. The recipe with the tea for is this:
Soothing Hot Remedy
1 cup of brewed Soothing Wellness tea
1 oz of brandy
1/2 tsp of honey
I'm hoping that I don't get any illness this Fall but being that it is unlikely, I am keeping this as a little cold cure.
4. While work is NOT winding down, the end is in sight. We have a couple really fun Fall Promotions that we have going on for our customers. I also got our first order of company toques in a new style and new color (also comes in black)! While this seems really little to most, we have had the same company toques for 10+ years! The change is nice and exciting. Can't wait to start handing them out to clients and employees!
5. New Fall Shoes, for Sam...ok...me too! Sam was in need of some new shoes! My little guy had outgrown his latest size and needed a new pair in the next size up. While walking around Wal-Mart during my last visit, I saw a display of knock off Converse shoes for Mommy and little boy! I got a navy blue pair for Sam and decided NOT to buy myself the red ones! I've been kicking myself ever since! But Sam's are SO cute and perfect for the Fall. He looks so grown up in them!
I can't believe Fall hasn't even officially began yet and I am enjoying it so much!
What are your Fall favorites?