Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Wednesday Fall Favorites!

Happy Wednesday everyone! I know, we are still 1 week away from the first "official" day of Fall, but it's been fall in my heart for the last two weeks!

It's no secret, Fall is my favorite season. I love Thanksgiving, Halloween and my birthday lands in this beautiful season as well.

Every year there are more and more things that make my Fall special. I try to soak up every last minute of the not-to-cold weather and colors! These things have particularly made my Fall especially great so far!

1. I've been limiting my purchases for clothes to the bare minimum this year. When I saw this sweater though, I KNEW it had to be mine! The hood, the pockets, thumb holes, long enough for leggings and just overall comfort! Add in the forest green color I chose, it was PERFECT! Thank you Old Navy for this Fall staple. I may (Ok....totally) wore this sweater everyday last weekend.


2. PUMPKIN! While I am not a huge fan of pumpkin pie, I do love pumpkin in use of baking! My most favorite pumpkin bread recipe has been used at my house 2 weeks in a row! It is so moist and works as bread and muffins! Ryan loves this treat in his lunch and I love the smell that radiates in the house when it's cooking. Pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves...YUM! Recipe found here.

3. Warm drinks is not something that overly enjoy. To me, I avoid them and prefer ice cold beverages for the summer. But now that Fall is here I am loving a cup of tea in the evenings or hot chocolate. I have yet to have a Pumpkin Spice Latte but plans are in the works. Our church is having an Epicure fundraiser and while perusing the catalog I saw a Soothing Wellness tea that contains lemongrass and ginger! It sounds AMAZING and already added it to my ever-growing order. The recipe with the tea for is this:

Soothing Hot Remedy
1 cup of brewed Soothing Wellness tea
1 oz of brandy
1/2 tsp of honey
Orange slice

I'm hoping that I don't get any illness this Fall but being that it is unlikely, I am keeping this as a little cold cure.

4. While work is NOT winding down, the end is in sight. We have a couple really fun Fall Promotions that we have going on for our customers. I also got our first order of company toques in a new style and new color (also comes in black)! While this seems really little to most, we have had the same company toques for 10+ years! The change is nice and exciting. Can't wait to start handing them out to clients and employees!


5. New Fall Shoes, for Sam...ok...me too! Sam was in need of some new shoes! My little guy had outgrown his latest size and needed a new pair in the next size up. While walking around Wal-Mart during my last visit, I saw a display of knock off Converse shoes for Mommy and little boy! I got a navy blue pair for Sam and decided NOT to buy myself the red ones! I've been kicking myself ever since! But Sam's are SO cute and perfect for the Fall. He looks so grown up in them!


I can't believe Fall hasn't even officially began yet and I am enjoying it so much! 

What are your Fall favorites? 

xo

3 comments:

  1. Such cute little shoes! I need to find Rylie some but shoes for kids are SO expensive :(
    I need to do some Fall baking - I also love the smells of pumpkin and cinnamon floating through the house! See you this weekend, lovey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you find the shoes heavy? I find kids shoes can be soo heavy sometimes and I'll be honest I try to pick the lightweight ones! I found some at Joe Fresh for Noah! Pumpkin pie actually sounds really good and I love that sweater!! I really enjoy fall too, although we are getting super warm weather this week, it should be more seasonal next!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. online parking software

    Free Parking Software for Town Houses, Condominiums, and Businesses Solves Parking Problems
    Searching for a parking space is such as frustrating routine activity for lots of people in cities all over the world. This search is burning over a million barrels of oil of the world each day. There are also 4-parking spaces every vehicle in the US and almost all streets are most of the time, empty, which leads to urban environments that are ironically doing far more to accommodate the vehicles than people. As the global population continuously urbanize, without a convenience-driven and well-planned retreat from cars, these sort of parking problems will worsen.
    http://webparkingsoftware.com software is the first step in the right decision. It involves using low-cost sensors, mobile phone-enabled, and real time data collection automated payment systems enabling people to reserve parking in advance or predict accurately where they can find a spot. When deployed as a system, free parking software thereby reduces car emissions in the urban centers by means of reducing the necessity for the people to circle the city blocks needlessly searching for parking. Furthermore, it permits the cities to manage their parking supply carefully.
    This free parking software is now being developed in many different states and cities around the United States and some other countries. For instance, in LA, smart meters and low-power sensors are tracking the occupancy of parking spaces across the Hollywood district, one of the most congested areas. The users will be able to access this occupancy data in order to determine the availability of the spots and then pay for them with their mobile phones. Other than the environmental benefits and lending convenience, free parking software is improving the utilization of the current parking, which lead to greater revenue for parking owners.
    These programs will be able to make great differences on a neighborhood level, but more widespread development and deployment is necessary for free parking software to change the cities and to contribute to the transportation sector pollution reductions greenhouse gas. One problem is that there are no citywide solutions all over the fragmented private and public parking providers. The occupancy data has a tendency to have many owners and is not accessible or standardized in a way that may enable software developers to turn into user-friendly applications. Thereby, individual smart parking efforts are so far successful locally, but uncoordinated, and operates in their own entrepreneurial or bureaucratic vacuums without a need to take gap between current free parking software and more widespread transportation system planning is an enormous missed opportunity for the cities to reduce the transportation related emissions.
    Moreover, free parking software has been hindered by a lack of insight into the complete benefits of this software, specifically when compared to the cost of building extra parking spaces. Lack of collaboration between communities with the parking software programs, as well as lack of coordination between hardware providers, municipalities, and developers is also contributing to the slower adoption of smart parking. Nevertheless, it is possible to overcome all these issues. Cities will be able further accelerate these advantages by means of updating the land use and building codes policies to reflect the reduced need for parking.

    ReplyDelete