Monday, May 2, 2016

Happy Monday everyone! What a fun and whirlwind of a weekend! We pretty busy but had a lot of fun! 

We had an impromptu game night in with friends Rebekka and Josh! Mae's, wine and sequence! It was a great way to kick off the weekend!  

Being that Mother's day weekend is going to be so crazy for us, Ryan took me out to breakast on Sunday morning to my favorite breakfast spot! He actually woke up at 3 and got his work all done (hauling) just so that he'd be home in time to come for breakfast! 

We had a ton of errands to run and the first was Sam's haircut! Well, it went as expected, he hated it! Screamed his head off and thrashed around. For $21 the barber cut his hair in 3 minutes. That afternoon, I went online and ordered my own clippers for $34. I am no longer going to pay that much money for a quick 3 minute buzz cut. 

We ran around to get pool supplies and building supplies for upcoming projects. I knew with out busy morning planned that it would be hard to fit in getting groceries! I decided to try the Walmart pick up service. On Friday afternoon I placed my order online, picked a time slot and hoped for the best. Well, it was WONDERFUL! I showed up, called the number and within 4 minutes I was driving away with a trunk full of my groceries. The produce and meat were perfectly selected! In May and June it will make for much smoother weekends and more time spent with my family! 

We got home, had a quick lunch and then Sam and Ryan went down for a nap. While the snoozed, I got to work on some chores outside! I wanted to get my veggie garden all prepped and fertilized. I had this idea to add some chicken manure to the boxes. I know this will make for great soil but BOY was that a disgusting job! 

I got some work done around the playhouse and took some before pictures because we are soon going to get going on this BIG project (I hope). 

When the boys got up, the guy to open our pool showed up. Sam really wanted to help but I was worried about him falling into the water. So we walked across the road to visit his buddy Everett! All week Sam has been asking for him and when they saw each other they ran and gave hugs! It was pretty cute! 

It was getting to be supper time but Sam did not want to leave. So to entice him back home, Uncle J gave him a RTV drive home. All the kids had to go! No fun at all! ;)  

We have really been into using our BBQ as much as possible lately. On Saturday we had our first BBQ pizza of the year! Bread machine dough was made and the BBQ cooks the pizza in record time! Yum! 

When Sam went down to bed, we got ready for a stag in town. We had a babysitter hired and had a fun night! I even won this fun scrap booking door prize! 

Sunday morning we all slept in! I am not use to going to bed so late but sleeping in passed 7 AM really helped me feel functional on Sunday. Ryan had some work to do on his truck but Sam and I got ready for church. We watched a little Wiggles before church. This is how Sam likes to sit while watching TV. A death grip on my arm! 

It was a great service and lots of fun at Sunday School. When we got home Sam and I had leftover pizza and then he went down for a nap. I got to work on some meal prep for the week. I even decided to tackle making my own Nann bread instead of buying it! It was super easy to do and makes about 8 pieces! Add this to the list of things I'll never buy again! 

I also had some left over yellow cake (box) batter and I didn't want to waste it. So I threw in some chocolate chips and it make 12 mini chocolate chip muffins for Ryan's lunch this week! 

I did eventually sit down and relax and have a little cat nap myself. Nothing better than a Sunday nap! 

At 4, Sam wasn't ready to get up and was so cuddly! I love soaking up those cuddles! 

Since it was raining, we had to play inside which Sam HATED! He kept asking to go outside to play "HAckey!". But we did BBQ our supper. PW ranch style chicken, roasted sweet potatoes and asparagus! Yum! Everyone loved their Sunday feast! 

Added to the list of projects is Sam's big boy room! We are not in a big rush to get this done as he still really loves and doesn't try to escape his crib. But we are starting to gather stuff and want to slowly get it ready over the course of the summer. That way, it is ready for when he is ready to make the switch! He does love going in there and laying on his bed. I think he's starting to figure out that this "big boy" bed thing is kind of cool! 

Any tips on how to easily transition a toddler from crib to big boy bed would be appreciated! 

How was your weekend? 


No comments:

Post a Comment