Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Baby W- 13 Weeks

 

Each bumpdate is from the week before. I am currently 14 weeks 5 days.

thanksgiving 1-001

This Week: Is CRAWLING by as we wait for Thursday for our first ultrasound!

Baby This Week:

Baby is the size of a peach! Yum…..

Baby also has fingerprints right now! It’s own unique pattern! Baby also has vocal cords now too!

Maternity Clothes:

Just the Bellyband to hold up certain pants! I am noticing that some things are not fitting right. I wore a pair of stretchy pants to yoga and the waist part kept digging into my belly and it was bothering me so I’d have to yank them up Steve Urkel style.

Stretch Marks/Weight:

No new stretch marks and I am using some Cocca belly butter! Weight still keeps dropping. Down 11 pounds since the beginning of the pregnancy. Such a weird thing to see the scale go down but your pant size go up!

Movement:

The only movement I have been feeling is at night when my belly seems to be sticking out more. I can lie down and literally feel this little hard ball.

Food Cravings/Aversions:

Meat, especially chicken. Still hate anything tomato related.

Symptoms:

Hard belly…baby abs? Very strong sniffer and a little bit of nausea! But, for the most part the nausea is so much better then before! Still get sleepy in the afternoons but I have far more energy then before.

What I Miss:

Nothing this week actually.

Labour Signs:

Not yet…according to my iPhone app it is 184 days away till the due date!

Gender:

Team green! This week when I dropped off my paper work off at the municipal office one of the ladies there congratulated me and told me she thinks we are having a boy!

Belly Button In or Out:

Still in!

Wedding Rings On or Off:

On

What I’m looking Forward To This Week:

The days seem to be crawling by as we wait for Thursday for our first ultrasound! At 13 weeks 6 days we will finally get to see Baby W!

Daddy This Week:

Got to take the afternoon off of work so that he could come to the ultrasound! We both know Daddy getting off of work for appointments will be far fetched come winter but we are enjoying his presence while we can!

Wisdom:

Sleep is still so precious and I have learnt to appreciate the good nights of sleep and energy that follows when it comes! Mostly because usually the next day the sleep isn’t as great. TRY to eat more so that I don’t get in trouble at my next appointment for losing more weight but eating is my biggest struggle right now.

Best Moment Of The Week:

Hands down…SEEING BABY W! The first thing that popped out of my mouth was “Wow, there is really a baby in there? You mean I don’t just have the flu?”

It was so neat to see this baby in my belly moving it’s arms and legs but not being able to feel anything. Baby is as healthy as could be and everything looks great which is such a relief.

thanksgiving 3

xo

4 comments:

  1. The first ultrasound is so cool! I had one at 8 weeks and it looked more like a bean than a baby but when I had my 13 week ultrasound the baby was really moving around and it was so neat! Once you start to feel the movements its even more exciting!!!

    I never lost any weight at the beginning just maintained and I've only gained 10lbs at 26 weeks so I'm feeling pretty good about the weight gain at this point! Looking good momma :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come your weight keeps dropping? Have you been super sick? Hopefully it passes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I feel dense. Explain the Team Green.... I've always heard team blue (boy) or team pink (girl). Why team Green?

    And there is a diet out there called the HCG diet. It is actually a pregnancy hormone, so I wonder with the addition of that in your system, if you're not eating enough, therefore the weight is dropping.... just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad things are going well. Don't worry too much about your weight, as long as you are taking your vitamin and eating nutritious food. I was so nauseous with Olivia I actually lost thirty pounds my first five months. I never actually threw up, likely would have felt better if I had. You look wonderful

    ReplyDelete