Wednesday, May 27, 2015

If We're Going To Be Friends...

Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope everyone’s week is going by super quickly. I can’t believe this is the last week in May! We are finally getting some summer like temperatures and we’ve been enjoying lots of outdoor time!

I am very fortunate to have a great group of friends. When I think about my friends I think of how diverse every single one of them is. I would say that we are all pretty diverse but here’s something’s you should know about me if we are going to be friends (which I consider all my readers to be).

1. On time is late!

Growing up, my parents were ALWAYS late and running out the door with not enough time to get there. I have this one memory of being in Pre-K and getting invited to my first non-family birthday party. We were late, my mom got lost which made us even more late and by the time I got there, there were no more cupcakes left and the party games were over. I think it traumatized me because since then, I am on time for EVERYTHING. I was warned that once I had a child I would likely start to be late. Nope, it just means that I try to get ready even earlier. If I’m on time, I’m late. Early is the only way to be.

2. My work hours tend to suck and be unpredictable.

I love this farm and I love my job. But sometimes it gets a little complicated. Ryan also works on the farm which makes it worse. There are days that you just don’t stop working. Plans in the month of May and June are never set in stone. They are more like suggestions. Living on the farm also has it’s challenges. We can have unexpected customers stop in that want to be served anytime of day and day of the week! Come July and August our hours become 24/7. Watching watering, moving irrigation, just making sure that everything stays alive. I try to keep on schedule but sometimes in the growing months, we just have to be flexible.

3.  Night owl, I am not!

Want to go to a movie? Great! How about a matinee? I get up EARLY in the morning, mostly out of choice and sometimes out of responsibility. I am not someone who functions well on very little sleep. I don’t need a lot but a good solid 6-7 hours is a must! Any less, and I struggle to get through the day. I laugh when I hear about dinners starting at 8 or later. I’d be falling asleep in my soup!

4. Everything has it’s place.

In my life, everything has it’s place and I will notice if it is out of that spot. We have friends over for supper occasionally and I cannot have dirty dishes sitting around until they leave. To me, those dishes need to be either washed or put in the dishwasher. The second Sam goes to bed? His toys are put in the designated spots! Want to drive in my car and we both have water bottles? Sorry, the top one is mine! I am particular when it comes to where my belongings go.

5. Foot meet mouth.

Sometimes I put my foot in my mouth and my words get mixed up. This is usually some good entertainment to friends but sometimes they have to decipher what the heck I am saying! Most times, I don’t think before I speak and that can get me in trouble. Thankfully, I know my friends know that for the most part, I am kind and if something seemed rude, it wasn’t intended to be.

6. Fiercely loyal.

Don’t bad mouth my friends in front of me because I will put you straight. If I think someone is getting unkindly judged, I will try to persuade you otherwise. I am not a confrontational person but I will stick up for something in a proper way. I am not going to agree with someone just for the sake of avoiding an argument. Basically, if we are friends, I have your back.

What are some of the things about you that I should know about, friend?


xo

3 comments:

  1. I am the same, I am usually 15 - 10 mins early for everything...I would hate to be late!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you in that I can't stand being late! It makes me so anxious. I'd rather be 10 minutes early and have to kill time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate being late too, although I have learned now why my parents were always late! Haha. Sometimes we are late, but we at least try to be on time! It's actually harder getting ready with Mike and Baby as opposed to me and baby haha.

    ReplyDelete