Tuesday, November 23, 2010

12 Days of Christmas- Day 2

Today is day 2 of the 12 days of Christmas blog challenge.
Don't forget to head over to Aly and Molly's blog to participate!



Today's topic:

Black Friday/General Shopping Tips & Tricks

Being that we don't celebrate Black Friday in Canada (Unless you travel down to visit our southern friends) the only real bargain shopping day is Boxing Day, December 26th. I've heard of many people participating in the craziness of shopping on Boxing day but I have never done so myself.

I am not a huge fan of crowds. In fact, once my parents took me to Ikea to get some new things in College and I ended up in a corner hyperventilating. I felt like I was part of a herd of cattle following each other to the slaughter house. It was awful.

I am a big online shopper! I love finding deals online and not even having to go to a store. It is delivered right to my doorstep.

I am also a big fan of making a list. If you make a list of who you need to buy for and what you think they would like it goes so much better. I work on my list around the 1st week of October for Christmas. That way when I am out in town and I do see something on my list, I can go ahead and cross it off!


What are you're general shopping tips and tricks?


xo

7 comments:

  1. My shopping tip is LEAVE IT FOR THE LAST MINUTE
    LOL
    Thats the way I work best actually because I get too excited...if I start buying things in September, I couldn't contain myself and I would want to give the gifts (well especially the toys for Maddy) also, my biggest thing too is - what if the person goes out and buys it themselves...so I just wait till end of November - December to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh, your description about IKEA is how Greg describes it too. He hates IKEA so much that I've yet to even step foot in it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. IKEA = my worst nightmare. I felt like I was in a parade, and if you got out of the line to look at something, it was next to impossible to jump back in again. TERRIFYING. lol

    I usually like to be done my shopping by early December, but so far, not looking good this year. I bought a few more things on-line today for Caden & Danica, but that's IT. Yikes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never been to Ikea! but I've heard of it :) And I'm not one of those crazy Black Friday shoppers. I usually go out on Friday but at a decent hour...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I'm a HUGE Black Friday shopper, but only because I can stretch my Christmas money in a big way on that day. The craft stores have massive sales of 75% off or more, and clothing for my ever growing children can be had for just a fraction of the regular price with coupons from department stores. I love being able to be a stay at home mom, and making my dollars stretch is the only way that can happen. One place I refuse to go on Black Friday is the mall. It's a nightmare to find parking...especially with a huge truck! :) I also take advantage of the online shopping too, because I live so far away from a city (4 hours from the nearest shopping mall!)

    The key to Black Friday shopping...the early bird gets the worm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm your newest follower from 12 days of Christmas!

    i'd love for you to check out my blog and follow back!

    http://diaryofadevildogwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I tagged you in some questions on my blog today if you're up for the challenge :)
    http://tnicolej.blogspot.com/2010/11/questions.html

    ReplyDelete