Monday, November 22, 2010

Dare #56

Happy Monday! I am kind of glad to see Monday come actually. As much fun as I had this weekend I can't wait for weekends to come because they are all so full of fun Christmas activities! Yay!

First, here is your dare this week:

Dare #56

Put up your Christmas lights before it gets too cold!

Ryan and I had a little adventure this weekend! We both took Friday off of work (woo hoo, long weekend) and loaded up the Jeep to head for my old University town of Guelph!

I have a lot of really fond memories from my years at Guelph. I am constantly telling Ryan stories. I was excited to finally go back to Guelph for a visit and show Ryan all the places I always talk about.

The drive down was very smooth. We always love our road trips. We have so much to talk about. You resolve/talk about everything because what else are you going to do in those 6 hours?

When we finally got to Guelph and checked into our hotel room we were both pretty beat. So, in true "us" fashion we took a nap! (I can just hear you now Stacy, ha ha!)

Waking up refreshed we got ready for supper at an old favorite, Shakespeare's Arm. A cool little pub that also happened to be walking distance from our hotel.

We had a couple of drinks and awesome pub food while listening to the live band. It was great!

Saturday morning we woke up pretty early to get ready for our day ahead. First stop, Royal Distributing, a store that sells everything snowmobile/four wheeler/dirt bike related. Ryan was in heaven!! He was seriously a kid in a candy store! We got some new gear for the upcoming snowmobile season, now we are ready for the first time we get out on the sled!

We headed back to the hotel and took the short walk to the University campus. I showed him where my residence was in first year, the campus pub, where my classes were, the famous cannon, and the book store where we each got new Guelph shirts.


We then headed to the University arena where I would spend many a lunch times. The arena was so close to where my classes were and they have a great sports lounge with amazing food. Gryphon's sports lounge is where I first had deep fried pickles! Yum! I couldn't be in Guelph and not order some!

Ryan and I then headed down to the mall to finish up our Christmas shopping. The mall was full of people getting their shopping done too! It was crazy!

We unloaded all of bags into the hotel room, get refreshed and headed out for supper.

One of my old professors had a family restaurant, The Greek Garden. He took our whole class there once for supper. It has such great food and is a fun atmosphere. Ryan was a little skeptical, thinking he wouldn't like anything. I assured him that I made sure there were things on the menu that he would like.

It takes a lot for Ryan to love food! Well, he LOVED everything. From the Saganaki (Greek cheese they set on fire), the Caesar salads with homemade dressing and chicken AL pesto. I had to keep telling him to slow down because he was devouring everything at lightning speed. He then declared, "I'd come back to Guelph just for the food."
Mmm....Cheese....

With bellies full of food and being tired from a day of walking we decided on doing something rather then going out to a bar.

A 6 pack of beer, bed and a good hockey game (where leafs lost unfortunately). A great way to spend a Saturday night in my mind!

It was great drive home, perfect weather and a impromptu stop in Belleville for lunch and visit with Ryan's Uncle "Fabio" and Savannah! We got home, beat and spend the rest of the day doing absolutely nothing! Sad to leave...
It really was a great weekend relaxing, visiting and lots of story telling!

I can't wait for my next trip back to Guelph!

How was your weekend?

xo

5 comments:

  1. I did not know you were going to Guelph...glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How far is Guelph from where you live? Putting up Christmas lights now is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, fun!! It is sooo much fun to go back to your old "stomping grounds" Looks like such a fun weekend and cute pictures too! And good for Ryan trying something new with the greek food! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the whole post and kept thinking where the heck is Guelph? It wasn't until the end when I realized that you're Canadian and its a Canadian univ!
    I should have figured out when you kept calling it a pub :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this,
    like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with a few pics to drive the message home a little bit, but
    other than that, this is great blog. A fantastic read. I will
    certainly be back.

    Also visit my web site :: http://www.wildpartygirls.org

    ReplyDelete