Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Craft Night With Lovely Ladies

As I mentioned on Monday, on Friday I had some crafty friends over to get our creative juices flowing, and make something useful! This was our second craft night of the year and so far so good! I love just sitting around chatting, catching up, and making something pretty at the same time.

It was my month to show off a craft and felt as though it was a little too early to have a Christmas craft. I decided instead on a fun jewelry craft that you can either give to someone else or keep for yourself.


Here is all of our supplies:

- Washers (from a home hardware store)
- Modge Podge
- Scrapbook paper
- Diamond Glaze (love this stuff!)
- Black jewelry string
- Silver jewelry claps
- 1/8 inch alphabet stamps
- Hammer
- Black Sharpie marker
- Beads
- Metal wire for twisting on smaller beads


The first necklace we started on was a washer that needed time to dry.


Necklace #1:

1. Take washer of choice and cut out a small piece of scrapbook paper. Trace the washer on the back side of the paper and cut it out. You will probably need to do some trimming afterwards.

2. Glue it in place by applying a small amount of modge podge to the washer and then on the top of the scrapbook paper.


3. After modge podge has slightly dried apply Diamond glaze starting with outlining the washer and then filling it in. This allows for less spillage!

Note: See this pretty lady...This is Jo! I love Jo, she's awesome and she announced to us on Friday that she is going to be a Mommy!!! CONGRATS EVAN AND JOSEE! XO

4. Once the diamond glaze has hardened (this was by the end of the evening after the second necklace) loop your jewelry string to the washer and attach claps in place.


5. Enjoy!


Trust me this project is so simple and has a really pretty result!


Necklace #2:

1. Take washer to a firm surface. Decide what you want to spell and take the first letter and place it on your washer. Hammer it really hard. You will probably notice the first one you did not do hard enough. That is o.k just place it back and hammer it again.


2. Continue until all the letters are complete. Most of the girls did their daughters name and a couple of them did semtimental statments.


3. Take your sharpie marker and trace the letters. Wipe off quickly with a damp piece of paper towel. The black sinks into the letter and shows off the word better.


4. Attach sting and claps and wear it proudly!


Both necklaces we all completed in about 1 1/2 (including drying time for the first one which took a bit of time). This of course is with a lot of breaks for chatting! They are really simple to make but fun to complete. Who knew a plain hardware store washer could become something so fashionable? Either way, good craft or bad, I love meeting up with the ladies for a great evening!


Hope you all are having a wonderful week!

xo

7 comments:

  1. I am ordering some Diamond Glaze online to make some of these for Christmas I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great craft night, it was so much fun! (Even with me being a complete spazz and messing it all up! haha!)
    I'm actually looking into getting some diamond glaze too, Stace let me know where you get yours from. I already have a list of family & friends who want one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh im just ordering it on Ebay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG super cute! I really really like the first! btw where's mine... LOL. I don't think I know enough people who would participate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great craft. Wish I would have been there to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not leave a response, however after looking at a few of the remarks on "Craft Night With Lovely Ladies".

    I actually do have a few questions for you if it's allright. Is it just me or does it give the impression like a few of these comments look like they are coming from brain dead people? :-P And, if you are posting on additional social sites, I would like to follow anything fresh you have to post. Would you make a list of every one of your social networking pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

    my homepage; www.wildpartygirls.org

    ReplyDelete