Monday, November 25, 2013

Favourites As Of Lately…

 

Due to our internet being down all Friday long I was unable to publish this post. But, I want post it regardless to remember being 20 weeks as of Friday!

___________________________________________________________________________

Happy Friday everyone! Another work week is over and I am so thankful. I REALLY hope that my work days start later soon! For once, I kind of want winter to happen.

Sometimes it feels like the world around me is going a million miles a minute and I am just tagging along for the ride. Its like I blink and some big huge change in life has taken place. It’s not that I am not enjoying moments, I am. But sometimes when things happen so fast it’s hard to appreciate the little things. So, today I thought I would share with you some of my favourite things as of lately. I want to keep mental note of the things that make me happy lately.

I had a moment of Déjà vu this week when my brother brought me over 2 huge garbage bags full of maternity clothes. My sister-in-law asked him to bring it over to me to see if there was anything I could use. Of course this brought a big smile to my face but what made the memories flood my brain was thinking of my childhood. It was like Christmas morning when my cousins’ mom would bring big bags (like this) of clothes over to the house as hand-me-downs! I LOVED going through them and checking out all the new clothes! I always looked up to my older cousins and so I was honoured (and excited) to be wearing the “cool” clothes that were being passed down to me!

Of course I was able to find lots of stuff in the bags of maternity clothes! Some of the greatest finds were shorts and summer tops! I wasn’t sure what I was going to do for our Jamaica trip this winter (live in a bathing suit, maybe?) but now I have a great wardrobe to pack in my suitcase! The best part is that all these clothes are “new” to me so it is like going shopping! I spent all Wednesday night playing dress up like a little girl again!

photo 1

This week Ryan and I have both been home at a decent hour every night. We are able to eat supper together and then have the night to ourselves. Our tired bodies could easily go to bed at 6:30-7 PM but we feel like complete losers when we do that. So, in order to stay awake and enjoy the time together we have been turning off the T.V and bringing out the playing cards. Ryan and I are pretty competitive and love to play cards and other board games. I have even been doing some baking in the evenings (2nd trimester…HEAVEN!) and while the stuff is cooking we’ll play at the kitchen island! Check out the homemade blueberry muffins in the background.

I was a little worried that the longer Ryan and I were together, the less time we would want to spend together. I guess I just figured when you get use to someone you don’t have to be around them as much. Luckily, this hasn’t been the case. I love that Ryan will GLADLY turn off any T.V show to spend time playing a game of cards with me. We just genuinely like to spend time together. It doesn’t have to be fancy at all. A simple uninterrupted night at home is just perfect.

photo 3

Now that I am able to eat and somewhat cook more, I have been meal planning again. While I don’t do EVERY night because usually I can count on one nauseous night, I have been better at bringing together recipes again for suppers.

The other night we were having BBQ pork chops for supper and I decided to make some of my favourite potatoes that my mom use to make me. When I was little if my mom made these potatoes, I was guaranteed to eat. The best part? It is SO simple! Peeled and thinly sliced potatoes on a pan, put a little piece of butter or margarine on each slice and sprinkle with celery salt (I just use Caesar rimmer). Pop them in the 400 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes! So simple and yet so yummy! I can’t help but think of my mom when making them!

photo 2

Finally, a super exciting milestone this morning has got me in a great mood. While this isn’t an “official” bump date, I can’t help but mention that today marks 20 weeks pregnant. Meaning, we are half way there! Woo Hoo! It’s a magical number that you wait to hit when you first find out you are pregnant. At the time, it feels SO far away! Then it has finally arrives and you feel like celebrating…which I just plan to do! Smile 

20 weeks pregnant halfway to motherhood e1357200737128 20 Weeks Pregnant  Halfway To Motherhood!

Happy Friday!

xo

2 comments:

  1. Jamaica? Umm... no one approved this trip with me? And I'm pretty sure my invite got lost in the mail! Haha. That sounds heavenly. When are you going? Congrats on 20 weeks! Doesn't it feel like you made it over the hump?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you and ryan sound really cute :) also, i'm going to HAVE to try those potatoes.

    ReplyDelete